Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness!!!!! Help

Default Morning Sickness!!!!! Help

Hi there.

I am 19 weeks today and i still have the worst morning sickness!!!!! :evil:

I am fine all through the day - I can eat breakfast and lunch - i just get nausea - then at night time as soon as i have tea 10 minutes later i am throwing up!!! I then feel great till i go to bed or eat something else.

When i am in bed i wake up nearly every morning at 3am and be sick and i don't just mean sick once! I probably throw up about 5-6 times between 3am and 6am I have to make myself a couple of cups of milo in the middle so that i actually have something to throw up.

I then have to go to work - looking like death warmed up! i am as white as a ghost.......

Is there anyone out there that had morning sickness and found something that worked for them
    [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
    Thanks
    Jacci

Oh your poor honey, I no exactly what you're going through?

With Nyah I threw up from the moment my eyes opened, all day and STILL managed to put on 30 kgs UUUURRRRGGGGHHHH.

With William, I threw up continsly the same till 26 weeks FUN isn't it?

You poor pooor thing I sympathise with you big time.xx :hugs:

There are these accupressure bands you can get from chemists. You put them around your wrist and they are suppsed to help with nausea. My brother used to use them for carsickness and a woman here used them for morning sickness both with great success. It's probably worth a try anyway, as I don't think they were very expensive.

Like this..

kerry Guest

Jacki, you poor dear. Here is a list of what has helped me... and yes I still have m/s most days. Luckily now it is just the nausea and 1 or 2 spews a day but some days its like yours still... anyway...

1. For the Nausea: "Sea Bands" - these work on pressure points in your wrists and are available at the chemist. While they haven't completely got rid of my nausea they do make it much less severe and easier to tollerate. I was at the point where even a quick car trip had me pulling over and this has now eased up.

2. I keep some Ginger Beer or Ginger & lemon cordial beside the bed and have a quick sip or 2 before I make my 2-4am dash to the loo for sickies... I find that this tends to mean just 1 or 2 spews not 5-6.

3. Mine tends to get worse in bouts, 1 good week, 1 bad week, 1 omg i'm in the exorcits week and then back.. My OB gave me a script for Maxillon (this is safe to baby and works wonders). I only use this when I am really bad (due to other health problems) but it is really the best remedy I have found. Do not feel bad about telling your OB or GP about the m/s and asking for help. Yes most women get m/s but most women are not so ill they can't function.

Good luck with it all. I hope you are feeling better soon and unlike me you just wake up one day and its gone.

Now i'm scared girls - i thought surely it couldn't last the whole 40 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-[

Poor thing Jacci

I am still getting MS too but not as bad as you - thought I did throw up in the car on the way to work this morning (Just water)

What helped me best in the early days was chicken sandwiches (this was before I found out we shouldn't eat deli meat) so maybe cheese sandwiches would work. I would cut it in 1/4 and eat 1/4 every half hour in the morning. I found if I was eating I wasn't sick, but if I left it too long between eating it was too hard to get rid of the sickness

Of course this doesn't help you in the middle of the night.

A lot of people said to me to try dry biscuits - but they just made me feel worse

I had nausea but didn't throw up and I found sucking on a chupa chup stopped the nausea almost instantly. Hope you feel better soon.

angelique Guest

Hi Jacci,

I feel for you, I really do. I thought I was bad.

I really recommend from the bottom of my heart ACUPUNCTURE. It is the best thing to do in your case. It will really help you a lot as well as the sea sickness bands. It does no harm to the baby at all but you do feel worse before you feel better. So, expect the day you first do it to want to sleep for ages and feel ill, but the next day and a week or so after that you will feel sooo much better.

I think If I didn't do any acupuncture I would have spewed every day non stop.

It does wonders. Give it a try.

Fruitwood Guest

Hi Jacci,
    I wish I could help you with the morning sickness I've had it since Week 6 and still battling it 20 weeks later. Have you tried your GP ? My GP has just prescribed Maxolon for me but their are a couple of different types of anti nausea tablets available to try. I tried practically everything from foods to sea bands and nothing worked. All my dr has said is that some women are unlucky and suffer more than others while some women breeze through with no morning sickness at all, lol. Just our luck to be in the percentage that get sick. There is no harm to the baby though and I lost 8 kilos through morning sickness. Even now I don't look pregnant and am still not back up to my pre pregnancy weight. The first 3 months were really hell for me and I had to give up work but now each day is getting alittle better and I'm not vomiting up to 15 times a day as I was before, it's only once or twice a day so it does eventually get better though it may not disappear totally. Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you as I know how horrible it is to suffer from morning sickness.

Sharon

Angelique - I think i'll give accupuncture a try - it can't do any harm - I just have to find someone in portland who will do it - seeing as it is a small country town.

Gemma - I must say Emma Is beautiful!!!

Sharon - so far i have dropped 7 kilos. It is without a doubt the worst thing to have!!! I feel sick pretty much all the time - I get really annoyed when people tell me they had no morning sickness at all ( even though its not there fault).....
    My main concern was for my baby - but you said it doesn't affect them - is this because they take all the goodness first?

Jodie259 Guest

I'm only 12 weeks through... but I was getting really down from the nausea and vomiting. My ob didn't hesitate to give me a script for Maxolon which I got yesterday. I took one tablet and I immediately felt better.

This morning I know I would have thrown up if I ate anything... although I was starving! So I took another tablet, and 1/2 hour later I was able to eat. Now it's 5 hours later and I've not had nausea or a vomit!

Have you spoken to your doctor about the sickness?
    I thought about the sea bands. But I've tried every other M/S remedy - and nothing helped except the maxolon.

I'm not one for pushing tablets. I avoid all medications. But I didn't think I was doing my baby any favours by dry reaching and vomiting all the time. And I was so stressed out by being sick.

best of luck. Every one keeps telling me the m/s will ease up as I enter the 2nd trimester... but I've heard so many horror stories I'm preparing for the worst!

Jodie - I have been to the doctor and there is nothing he can do to stop the actual vommiting. I have Moxolon at home but my problem isn't the nausea I can handle that and i normally keep eating - but i don't get the nausea feeling before i am about to be sick.
    I wish it was just the nausea that was a problem!

angelique Guest

Hey girls,

Just do what works for you. If you have to take medication then do it. I mean, it would be that or spend your time on a drip in hospital. Being at home in your own bed or your own couch is the best thing when you are sick.

Poor things. I have a friend who was ill all the time. Vomiting so much she nearly had to go to hospital. But it did get better for her. I hope you all feel better soon. It's the pits being sick all the time.

Hey Jacci,

I never had so much of the throwing up thing, just terrible nausea, which went away at like 14 weeks. My SIL as terrible pregnancy's (she is sue 2 weeks b4 me and has already gone to hospital like 6 times for a drip, and she is better with this one (3rd) than with the 1st or 2nd)...

Personally i ate (and sucked on) heaps of tic tacs (found the peppermint was good and soothing), peppermint tea and lime cordial...

I know my SIL takes some herbal thing (if you are interested i can find out exactly what it is), and that she was told to put (im pretty sure salt and sugar) on a tablespoon with water and let it disolve in her mouth and to do this slowly, cos if she drank lots of water after throwing up she would do it all again, and then got very dehydrated...

Anyway, she has it for all of her pregnancy, and throws up around 6 times a day, but i think she is just very unlucky.. she says she had friends who were the same and they were fine after the first pregnancy, she just can't seem to get better..

Good luck and i hope you feel better soon!

Yael - that would be good if you could ask her what she herbal thing she is taking!

Thanks for all the help girls - I am getting to the stage were i only eat thing that i know are going to come up easily! - i know thats discussting - sorry

Jodie259 Guest

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering Jacci.

Have you actually been taking the Maxolon?? It doesn't just stop nausea... it actually stops the vomiting. It says it on the leaflet in the box. If you've got a serious case of vomiting... I would be taking the reccommended 3 tablets a day. (I'm taking two a day).

If you find that Maxolon isn't working... then it will just be time.
    Some non-medical remedies are: ginger (tablets, ale, lollies), mints, Blackmores morning sickness tablets (didn't do anything for me though)....
    but none of these are going to be as effective as maxolon. They are best for less severe cases.

I'm sure that when baby pops out - all the sickness will be forgotten. I'm hoping that will happen with me!

Have taken a moxolon today before i have breakfast and will see how i go for a few days on that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast