Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: morning sickness help please

Unhappy morning sickness help please

hey im 7weeks along an started getting sick last thurs but its got worse the

last 2 days, i feel like i haven't ate anything since sunday cos nothing stays

down. i've been trying dry crackers an lemonade. i dont no if i feel sick cos

my belly dosent hav anything in it or it's the morning sickness i hope my baby

is ok

do you hav any advice for me? i feel like crying i feel so sick

Sweetie i'm sorry you feel like this, i was the same last week and nothing i did made it better, you should try to eat small and often, even if you don't feel like it.
    I hope it eases for you soon

Pink....I really feel for you hon! I had horrific morning sickness (lost 10kgs in the first 14 weeks). Even GP prescribed Maxolon didn't work for me - perhaps discuss getting a prescription from your doctor because I know plenty of girls that it has worked for.

Many people recommend ginger products. I found Gatorade/Staminade/Powerade worked for me and although they don't really recommend much of it for pregnant woman, my doctor told me to live by the motto of 'just eat and drink what you can'.

There was one part of my pregnancy where the only things I could keep down were Gatorade/Powerade and jam filled donuts - *L* - I think it was the heavy dough in them.

As Naomi mentioned; just try to eat a small amount and often. Sadly, having an empty stomach just seems to make it worse but I understand how hard it is when you can't keep anything down.

Hope you feel better soon. Please do not go too many days without fluids...you could end up in hospital needing to be put on a drip to combat the dehydration. Get to your GP and explain your situation.

I found gingernut biscuits helped my tummy settle a bit. Don't worry hun it is normal to feel that way, but you do need to eat little and often like the girls said. Maybe a drink like sustagen would help?

Bon

Ginger products can be helpful. Also try to eat something before you get out of bed in the morning. As the others have said small amounts very often and don't forget your fluids, maybe try some ginger beer or ginger tea.

Fruitwood Guest

Hi Pink, I really feel for you. I developed severe morning sickness from 6 weeks which lasted right through until after I'd given birth. I used to go through cycles where I'd find 1 food that i could keep down for a week but then couldn't the next week. I tried Maxolon which unfortunately made me worse. I was vomiting up to 15 - 20 times a day and lost so much weight that untill I was 7 months pregnant no one could even tell. Definately make an appointment to see your dr asap to try and get a prescription. Maxolon works wonders for some women and hopefully your one of them. You could also try Sea Bands available from the chemist they are wrist bands which push on your pressure points which help stop sea sickness. They sell for around $15 for a set of 2, these have also worked for some women. I hope your feeling better soon. Morning Sickness in most women disappears by the 5th month. I hope you don't have to battle it for too much longer and you don't get it as severe as I did.

Sharon

I agree that I feel better after a good feed. Also sao biscuits and vegemite help me too. Oh and carrots and celery sticks I am finding easy to eat.

I had M/S really bad with both my babies. I found that an empty tummy made it worse, getting upset made it worse and being tired made it ten times worse. Make sure u r getting enough sleep, I found Blackmores morning sickness tablets to be a life saver, that ginger beers ect helped me feel a little better (to the point I was dinking it early one morning when shopping with DH and the shop owner commented that I shouldn't be drinking at this time of the morning (he thought it was regular BEER!). I found vegemite on toast helped and my life saver when all else failed was fruit teas with half a teaspoon of sugar helped settle my tummy (pepermint esp helped and I HATE tea!). Dh used to bring me in one when I was relaxing in the bath if my M/S was bad. That being said, feeling so sick is terrible and vomiting doesn't make it go away either so I really feel for you honey. Just take it easy and try to eat a little bit often. 2nd pgcy was a littl easier for me as DH knew the triggers for my M/s and would make sure I ate a little as soon as I got up so it didn't hit as hard....

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Ginger beer worked for me, try it flat that might be better for your tummy to avoid extra gasses in there. I didn't try it but you could try also barley sugar.

I found that salty things helped me, salt & Vinegar chips and vegemite. Also as the other have said small amounts often especially first thing in the morning.

Blackmores have a morning sickness tablet, it's based on ginger. Works well for some not for others, but worth trying. I also ate whatever i wanted and opposite to Beck, I put on 10 kilos in first three months as the only thing i could keep down was pizza and burgers. Go with what your body is saying. Flat lemonade might help too, or weak cordial. maybe icy poles too, just to get fluids in. Don't worry too much about bubs, unless you're not eating at all and then see a Dr for advice.Hope it passes soon xoxox

I found that the less I ate the worse I got....which totally sucked because when you're throwing up the last thing you want to do is eat again! In saying that, I found cocoa-pops or rice bubbles really easy to eat (and they're pretty easy to throw up!)....maybe that'll help you too?!

3forme Guest

oh this brings back memories with dd i didn't keep anything down i did eat ginger nut bikkies which helped but can't eat them now they make me nauseous good luck I am hoping i don't get morning sickness this pregnancy but i'm only just past 4 weeks i was told it starts at 6 weeks

hi pink i hope your all right now i know how you feel i try everything thing that had ginger init still didn't work after 2 weeks of it i went to the dr's which was really lucky as she put me in hospital on a drip untill i could hold down food again been in 3 times and only 11weeks and 5 days the last time i was in she told me if it keeps up it could harm the baby so now i just eat when i can and what i can

good luck

cocoa-pops
    ginger beer and biscuits
    NO acidic drinks like orange or apple juice
    crackers
    milo
    soup

Well like someone else said I drank alot of Powerade - the red one and the only thing I could really stomach was crumpets with cream cheese hehe. I felt so horrible and anything ginger just made it worse. I used to love ginger biscuits but now I can't stomach them lol!

I found one of the best things was venting with my Belly Buddies hehe - I'm sure there are more then a couple of pages dedicated to our sickness descriptions, how much we vomited in a day and the only foods we could eat LOL.

Hi Pink,
    Have you tried Vitamin B6?
    A friend of mine who has just had her 4th baby swears by it and I have been feeling queasy (but not actually vomitting) and took one this morning and it went away fairly quickly.

*~nicky~* Guest

Default i need help too!!

i am 7 weeks preggas with my 2nd and am so sick too!!
    have you been to the doctorsi did and got some tablets called maxolon and there great im still sick sometimes but it is so much better im able to eat now and then!

good luck hopefully it goes away for good soon!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast