Thread: Morning Sickness Starting Late

Default Morning Sickness Starting Late

This is my forth PG and my m/s started just after 10wks and I am now nearly 12wks and it feels really bad having it start this late. With my other 3 it started at about 6wks and went to about 14wks.

So I was wondering if anyone else had m/s that started late and how long it lasted for.

Thanks.

It hasn't happened to me personally, but I have heard of women not getting m/s until later on in their pregnancy. Some only have it for a few weeks and others have it right until the end.

Sorry I am not much help. I hope it eases up for you soon.

Hi Amanda
    Although unusual M/S can last for most of your pregnancy and unfortunatly there is no way of knowing how long it will last for each person.
    Try taking ginger either as a drink or if you can just eat small amounts of fresh ginger.
    You can also buy ginger beer from the supermarket but jut be aware of the sugar content.
    Anothr option would to make your own ginger tea.

Hope this helps

Aan (Midwife)

Thanks guys, I might give the ginger a go Alan. I can't even stand the smell of my DH deodarant or aftershave now as it is making me sick. I'll give anything a try so thanks.

That happened to my GF, she got morning sickness at 12 to 20 and that's what happened with her 2nd also, so I guess it hits whenever?

Good Luck hun.xx

mysterygirl Guest

my SIL had nausea from early on but from about 5 months had full on vomiting - my mum had m/s right through to 7 months!!! really hoping its not hereditary

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I had REALLY bad nausea without vomiting from weeks 11-13 with my second, so strange!! I would eat something and would get a strong feeling of wanting to vomit, but never did. I thought I had gotten away with it!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Amanda - I didn't really get any really bad M/S for the first 12 weeks ( i was probably only sick 3 times a day) but a s soon as I hit the 13 week mark it hit me real hard I am now 20 weeks and i can't stop being sick there iwll be days when i can vomit up to 15 times!! not fun. I really don't know what causes it... I seem to get annoyed at people who say they had no M/S even though its not there fault!
    I really hope yours clears up soon

When I read these posts, i started to feel sick!
    With my third pregnancy I was incredibly tired from about 6-7 weeks and had only slight nausea. At 11 weeks I was told my haemoglobin was low and I needed iron supplementation. About 7 days later I began to experience terrible nausea. It was to the point where I had to stop working on the ward I was on as I was vomiting a lot. I saw doctors who told me - some women get it, so get on with it. At 33 weeks I spoke to an obstetrician at work who witnessed one of my vomiting episodes. He asked if I was on iron supplements. He suggested stopping them and he said in 2 weeks you'll be a new woman. I did and I was. He suggested taking floradix instead as it is not synthetic and that was fine.
    This may not be the case for the women on this board but I thought I'd share in case any of this rings a bell for you.

Love and baby blessings,
    Deb