Thread: MS interfering with sleep

Default MS interfering with sleep

I am waking up throughout the night feeling extremely nauseous.....I have to lay so still, so that i dont have to get up to pewk..Is anyone else experiencing this? I thought it was bad enough lasting all day at first....Chupa Chups seem to help for a while during the day...Has anyone got any suggestions for the night time sickness?
    I feel for you gals who get it thru most of the Pregnancy.....How on earth do you do it? Sorry......Woe is me I should be grateful.

Hello, first time round I noticed a quite strong connection between hunger (or low blood sugar) and M/S. Maybe try to have a low-GI snack later in the evening, it might help you get through. Also, a trial at the Women and Children's Hossy in Adelaide showed that taking ginger tablets reduced symptoms, so maybe speak to your dr about that or using B6 to help with yr symptoms.
    HTH

Oh Ally, I'm so with you! I don't get the night spews, but I certainly get the night nausea. If I move an inch it just rolls in over me. I don't know how people do this for nine months! I find that munching on a ginger biccy in the night helps somewhat, and I also have a small snack before going to bed. Milk is a good thing to have cos then you won't get heartburn from lying down so soon after eating!

Good luck, hope it sops soon!

I had m/s for 9 months, day and night!! Things you can try are ginger tables/ginger biscuits (eat them before you get out of bed), a warm milo or tea (that was great for me each night) or eating a small snack just before going to bed. I found if I went to bed on an empty stomach would make it worse. There is also morning sickness tablets, they worked for me occassionally. Someone told me a couple of weeks ago that tomatoes worked for them, so you could give that go too.
    Morning sickness is the pits, so good luck

Thank You Ladies! I will try everthing that has been suggested....I'm a little off milk products at the mo, but will try it!
    I tell you what, I would much rather be in pain than have nausea ! My heart goes out to all cancer patients at the moment...I can only imagine how they are feeling

I had to get DH get up and get me some bread and butter in the middle of the night a couple of times and I had jatz next to the bed. What I found to be great and only stopped using them a couple of weeks ago are sea bands. They're available from most chemists and you wear them around your wrists, they work with a magnet on accupressure points.... I wore them all the time and only took them off to shower or bath. They can feel a little uncomfortable for a few days but then you don't notice them.

Fletch have you looked for them yet?

Thanks Cass....Re the Sea Bands... I Havent heard of them....But I can guarantee, I will be getting hold of one!!

Aww Fletch, I hope you find something that works for you too....It is just so unpleasant hey! I have actually had 1/2 hour break from the sick feeling at present!!! Just waiting for it to kick in again

JadeTara Guest

I so feel for you girls, m/s is the worst, I still have it bad at night and take Zofran anti nausea meds almost daily still.
    I hear ya Ally when you say you would rather be in pain than have nausea, its so awful. Apple juice seems to be helping me at the moment especially in the middle of the night or some jelly.
    You honestly feel like you will be 90 and still sick