Thread: my 12 week ultra sound...

alex c Guest

Default my 12 week ultra sound...

could anyone tell me how much do you actually see on a 12 week scan just curious...

HI,

I just had my 12 week scan, so still fresh in the mind. I really couldnt believe just how much you COULD see. Legs kicking around, fingers in mouth. Truly amazing and a true miracle to think i saw the baby at 8 weeks and it just looked like a blob with a heartbeat - 4 weeks later it was a baby kicking and squirming.

Enjoy !!

It looks just like a baby!!

A mini human! So tiny but so well formed and moving around heaps (unless you have a lazy one like my first daughter!). Some of the little darlings somersault, kick and flail like crazy and when you see their face you will be shocked!! Little alien face (which is really just the skull lol!!).

Hope you have a wonderful ultrasound experience!

it's amazing how much you can see! on the film i have bugs looks just like a little munchkin out of a cartoon fairytale or something. very pointy nose huge eyesockets and a big mouth! nothing at all like the alien i was expecting. I just cann't wait until my next scan (next wed) to see how much bugs has changed.

It is amazing what you do see. As Kelli has said it looks like a "mini human".

At the u/s they will probably check the back of then neck for the thickness, that gives them an indication of downs syndrome and check the baby all over basically.

Its a wonderful experience to think that this tiny little human is moving around inside you.

Good luck when you do have you u/s.

angel_eyes Guest

I just had my scan today.

It's absolutely amazing to say the very least.

I could see arms, legs, fingers, spine, ribcage, heart, brain, kidneys, bladder, stomach, you name it.

They measure how fast the baby's heart is beating.

I was lucky enough to get it on tape so I can watch it over & over again.

My OB says most people prefer their 12w scan pictures because you can see the whole baby in each pic whereas at 18w they are usually too big.