Thread: my first appt!!!

heather85 Guest

Default my first appt!!!

we have our first appt this thursday and i should be only like 6 weeks, i was wondering what to expect?? I know NEEDLES!!!! I HATE NEEDLES!!!! but will we be able to hear a heartbeat or even see anything yet?? just wondering i cant wait but i dont think much will go on since im not that far along!!

If you are having an ultrasound, it will be an internal and you probably will be able to see a heartbeat if you are at six weeks.

As for the needles you will have to get used to it. I have already been jabbed three or four times

I hope your appointment goes well

Hi heather

It is possable to hear/see the heartbeat at 6 weeks but it is often very difficult to find at this age. You should see something shaped a little like a jellybean or a peanut. But depending on the position of your baby you may just see a little dot.
    And now for the needles, sorry but yes you do have a few to come

Heather,

My GP always gave me a thorough check up at my first app. he checked my breasts (so as to notice changes throughout the PG), blood pressure, weight. I didn't have to have any needles until 9 wks (blood tests for blood typing, HIV etc). hope this helps.

cheers, sherieb

heather85 Guest

i figured i would let yall know that i survived my first appt. and the needles!!!! we did get to see the baby (peanut) and we heard the heartbeat, im telling you and all of you that are first time moms can agree that is amazing hearing that, i cried!!!

but they let me know that i am 6 weeks and i am due on aug. 10th 2006!!!

congrats heather i am glad that it all went well1!!