Thread: Nausea 24/7

Matryoshka Guest

Default Nausea 24/7

This nausea is terrible, its all day every day now and i can't do much but lie down. I can't eat anything because i wretch at the thought of it. Has anyone tried the seabands? do they help? Also is "vommica" any good? it is apparently natural. Wanting to avoid medication at this point.

Matryoshka Guest

What are the preg pops made of?? I'm craving these icey poles that have vannilla icecream in the middle... i think they are called splits. But i actually can't drive anywhere because i am too sick

I never had this with my DS.

I found that taking tiny sips through a straw of lemon, lime and bitters helped alot.
    It's hard to put something in your tummy when you feel this way, I also used to slurp apple sauce...

I tried all the natural remedys, even accupuncture, but all only gave very temporary if any relief for me. I took Maxolon when I needed to go somewhere or function properly for a few hours, but even that didn't help much. Are you actually vomiting? I found that was the best way to give myself some relief and even talked myself into vomiting on the odd occasion just to feel better for a while!

I had this with DD and im preying that I dont get it that bad this time. I also found sipping on lemon, lime and bitters helped aswell. I also had Maxalon for the really bad days that I was at work.

I can only think of peppermint tea. You said you were nauseous, but are you actually vomitting? if you are maybe you could try some sports drinks, like gatorade, you don't want to get dehydrated and have to go to hospital, so if you could just sip on something like that?
    Otherwise maybe you live close to a milk bar, and could manage to get up there for a split or something like it, but you are probably too sick for that too. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Matryoshka Guest

Its just nausea and i am wretching but not to the point of vommit. I also feel really dizzy so i am lying down pretty much all day which is so hard with a little one.

I thought you had to avoid peppermint oil in first trimester?

Hey Ourlux

my sympathies...round the clock nausea is yucko

sometimes no matter what we do...the nausea really hangs around , but on the plus your hormones are raging and you are growing a healthy little bubba

but here are few that may work for you
    blackmores morning sickness blend...ginger, vitamen B (both known to reduce nausea)
    raspberry leaf tea
    reflexology
    yoga (forward bends)
    regular small meals to keep blood sugar stable
    homeopathy/naturopathy...with a qualified pregnancy practitioner
    and...this requires a little more work...hypnobirthing also works to reduce nausea as you can go into your 'healing room' and turn the nausea dial down or off

hope this helps

xx yogababy

Matryoshka Guest

Thank you so much natalie! i just feel like a big baby myself, i wish my MIL could come and help out with DS but she works/lives an hour away I hope this passes soon.

Am going to get seabands when dh takes me to the shops tomorrow. Can i get preg pops from the chemist?

Hi,

I used sea bands and the Blackmores Morning Sickness tablets - they seemed to take the edge off the nausea. Also, Ginger Refresh (a drink you can buy from the supermarket) is supposed to be good - I know a lot of chemo patients use it to reduce their nausea.

Good luck - and remember it won't last forever!

yep i think you can get preg pops from most chemists

xx

Green apples were my saving grace with Chelsea!!!

Ourlux if Eleanor wasn't so sick i would come and help you out.

Matryoshka Guest

Thanks michelle

Caro can you vote in my what am i having poll? thanks

Have had a slit icepole and i'm feeling a bit better. Also finally figured out how to get the aircon on to cold not heating, i couldn't figure out why it was so hot in here!

You poor thing, I was hospitalised for morning sickness with both my babies so I can sympathise. Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but ginger can work for some. Also vitamin B (not sure if it's B1 or B12 - best check with your GP) is meant to be good for nausea. Maxalon didn't work for me, just made me extremely tired! Oh and I was told to stay away from raspberry leaf tea in the first trimester. I would go and see a naturopath. Hope it improves soon!

If u need anything im not to far away, even if its to watch L so u can have a lay down..im sure Emelia and L would have plenty of fun playing!!!

Matryoshka Guest

Aw thanks Blanche, thats lovely of you. I'm a bit embarrassed about my house though i haven't cleaned in a few days because i put my back out as well.

Matryoshka Guest

The homeopathics and ginger tablets aren't working. The nausea is so bad all i can do is lie down, when i get up i feel very dizzy. Is the next step medication?