Thread: Nausea lessening at 8 weeks - worried

Default Nausea lessening at 8 weeks - worried

I've been feeling quite nauseous for a lot of the day from about 6 weeks. Yesterday I didn't feel so bad, and I don't feel too bad today either. Not really nauseous at all.

Having had a miscarriage before, I'm getting quite anxious.

Should I be worried? Has anyone had their m/s improve around 8 weeks and gone on to have a healthy baby?

TIA

xxxx

I've never gotten to 8 weeks, so I'm no help there, but you could request a scan or blood test because you've had previous m/c's couldn't you?

Hope everythings alright darl

my MS hit at 3.5 weeks and got REALLY bad at 6 weeks - at about 8 weeks it almost went away completely (to the point the FS sent me for another scan to reassure me) - the day of the scan it came back to bite me on the butt - and stuck around for the rest of my pregnancy

having been through more than one lot of MS in the past, you may find that you're unconsciously "managing" the MS without thinking - eating before you get hungry etc. it is scary when things change, but it's not necessarily a bad thing.

take care hun
    BG

At exactly 8 weeks, my m/s went away for 3 days in a row, I happened to be seeing my GP on day 2, mentioned that I was worried. Initially she was too, but I was already on weekly bloods, so we thought we might just keep an eye on it. Anyway, same as BG, came back to bite me on the butt, it was a calm before the storm type event, I think.

I hope hope HOPE it's that for you too!

Good luck

Ooh mine did this around the 8 week mark and I got concerned, believe me its back with vengence. Worse than before :/

Good luck hun

Thanks so much for your replies girls. My FS is fitting me in for a scan at 4.30 this afternoon, so we will find out then I guess. I wasn't supposed to be seeing him until Thursday week, and I just couldn't wait that long to find out, so I'm really glad he can see me today.

Thanks again for all the reassuring stories.

Fingers crossed

HB
    xxxx

Good luck hun! I cant wait to hear how it goes

Hi everyone

My scan this afternoon went fine, baby is OK at this stage. Saw heartbeat and it's growing at the right rate. Still feeling a bit worried about it all. I think I've started thinking of it as a baby, not an embryo. Got quite emotional afterwards.

Anyway, happy to have made it this far. Another scan when I see Ob next Thursday.

Thanks for all your support today.

HB
    xxxx

lovely! Stay positive hun

Thanks Ahurani! Will try to stay positive

xxxx

I was exactly the same. I was so worried. My morning sickness went away at 8 weeks then came back at 10 weeks and stayed until 25 weeks.

Stay positive

Thanks KaileysMummy, that is reassuring. Although I'd be happy for it not to come back and stay until 25 weeks - you poor thing!

Great news!
    Maybe enjoy the break from the nausea while it lasts... it's sure to be back

Thanks Marcellus, feeling a little bit queasy this morning so perhaps you are right. Just want to get this stupid first trimester over with, it's too stressful. 9 weeks on Saturday, 3 to go.