Thread: Nausea - now gotten worse...

*TamaraP* Guest

Default Nausea - now gotten worse...

If you haven't read my journal, the short of it.
    I got really really bad nausea last week from 7 weeks.
    It has progressed through the week to a really really rotten chesty cough.

I went and saw the Pharmasist yesterday to see what I could do to help break it up. She told me due to only be 8 weeks, not much. So I got a Vaporiser to try and help. She also told me that it may be a symptom due to the uterus contracting and enlarging so its pushing a lot of fluid up. Which I can see happening.

Anyhows, today was the worst day for the cough, everytime I did I gagged on what I had just drunk. I didn't think much into it.

I got home because for the first time I have been hungry! Strange, but didn't think much of it.
    So had a sandwich, next thing you know I am hugging the bucket.

Now, I feel worse than I ever have. Nothing is going down too well and I mean nothing. The cough has gotten worse but nausea comes and goes.
    I have made an appoinment with a DR tomorrow to see if I can do something to help me (kept my other appointment aswell for next week) to see what he suggests or does.

So now I am investing in your help... is there anything natural I can do to get this cough to break down and stop making me gag???
    I am really not into taking anything at the moment until the DR says...

Thanks girls.

i wouldnt take anything but ginger is great for nausea and i know it is good for a cough as well so maybe buy some ginger root and make ginger tea??? HTH

fel23y Guest

i know this sounds strange but try sucking on minties i didnt beleive my girlfriend untill i tried it beleive it or not it makes me feel real better i suck on one everytime i start to feel the morning/afternoon/night sickness come on . with the cough i dont know what to do there but i hope you feel better soon!

This is not very natural.... but try fruit tingles!
    They worked a treat for me when I was sitting in crowded lecture theatres and couldnt get to the ladies in time!! lol

Good luck! I still have m/s at 30w.... lol

*TamaraP* Guest

LOL - everything that you girls are suggesting is great - but not working LOL. I still thankyou girls for thinking about it though.

ie. Nicky your son is due on my b'day! Good day that hehe

he he my son is also due 3 days before my birthday!! Yikes!!!
    lol

Hope ur nausea passes soon.....

its gross!
    lol

My sister also said try salt and vinegar chips.... and a few ladies in my belly group said plain potato chips help......

Bugger witht he cough tho....coughin makes me vomit no matter what... as does tryin to hack up flem stuff

Any thing is worth a shot hey!!

Saladas for me helped the nausea, then it was scrambled eggs

Maybe you could get Alan to pat you on the back a bit to help break up the mucous. Nice and firmly.

For the cough, if it is phlemy, try a steam bath over the sink (just fill with hot water and put a towel over your head and over the sides of the sink to keep the steam in). You can put a few drops of eucalyptus oil (not sure if safe while preg) or a little blob of vicks into the water to help.

Chupa Chups worked a treat for me - I was nauseus and not vomitting but maybe give them a try. Good luck Tam, I hope you feel better.

*TamaraP* Guest

Ooooo, Chuppa Chups... I could easily do those!
    I tried the Minties last night, they worked. So once I wear off them I think I will definately try those Gemma.

I got a lot of sleep last night so feeling a touch better (touch wood *knocks on head*)

My DR said that its just a bad case of Asthma, most likely becasue of the pregnancy and a slight cold. Because my immune system is already down I feel worse than what I normally would.

ie. YAY on having another beautiful girl too Gemma!