Thread: Need help please..

mizzsocial Guest

Default Need help please..

So i found out VIA phone that i was pregnanct.. now, i have to go and see a GYNO dont i? LOL.. do we usually wait till we are about 8 weeks pregnant? I cant remember..
    Do i have to go to a GP first, and then get a refferal to a GYNO?

mizzsocial, I think that your first step is to see your GP for early blood and urine tests and to discuss your options.
    An ob/gyn is one option for peganacy care but you do have others. If you prefer a more woman centered, natural approach you could see an independant midwife or the midwives at your local hospital or if you get on well with your GP you could do shared care - where you see your GP for most of your check-ups during pregnancy and the staff at the hospital where you will give birth for the rest of your visits.
    Usually once you have had your first check-up with your GP you will get a referral for your preferd model of care and you can ring them and they will tell you when they want to see you for your first appointment.

i would go to my gp first, just to discuss options of care etc,

Linda

mizzsocial Guest

Thanks ladies!!

I already got a blood test done with my local GP, and i had to wait a day before i got the results back.. thats why i mentioned that i found out viz phone call.. if i went back to see him face to face, i could have discussed options then, but i didnt! hehe..

Thanks for advise, im going to call right now and make another appointment to see a doctor about care options!!

mizzsocial, that is exactly what happened to me! Then I had some problems so I spoke to my GP over the phone and he sent my referral off to my OB so I didn't have to pay for another appointment. I had already seen my OB as a gyno patient though so i knew who I wanted.