Thread: Need reassurance

Default Need reassurance

Hi everyone,

Hoping for some reassurance...TMI warning

Yesterday when I went the the toilet I had a (very) small tinge of red blood in my mucas...as I had been constipated for a few days and finally got relieved of that I put it down to that

Well...tonight I had the same thing again (only a very small tinge of red blood in mucas)

What concerns me is the red blood rather than brown....

Am I over reacating?...I have a Ob apptment next Friday..should I just wait till then?

Hi Lorasha, some spotting during pregnancy can be quite normal, however if you are really concerned about it, go and see your gp, or ring the midwives in labour and delivery and they will help you out

Hi Lorasha

Naomi is correct. Some spotting is norman in pregnancy providing that you are not getting any cramps with the bleeding

sonsangel Guest

I had the same thing on the day my AF was due. It was bright red blood in clear mucous and it only happened the once.
    Rest assured that some bleeding is quite normal in pregnancy and definitely mention it at your appt.
    Take it easy though, and hope it doesn't happen again.

Go and see your OB or hospital hon, It'll put your mind at ease, better to be safe than sorry, but you'll be fine. O

Hi i had exactly the same thing, a tiny tiny amount of blood like a little streak ( only when i wiped),i too was severly constipated, i had it between 5 1/2 weeks to 7 1/2 weeks, I rang My Obs he was very reassuring and said to put my mind at ease he booked an ultrasound scan at 7 weeks and all was fantastic baby was the right size with a good strong heartbeat, the sonographer said everything to do with bubs is perfect, she found the tiniest tiniest amount of blood below the sac, which would not affect bubs she it was soooo tiny like a hairline!!!!

She said it could of happened when bubs implanted. So when i went back to Docs he said the scan was so good a 95% chance of carring bubs to full term, he basicaly said by the looks of it you're not going to miscarry!!

So to get reassurance go and see the professionals and for that extra reassurance see if you can get an ultrasound, because no matter what anyone says it will always be at the back of your mind

Good luck Hon, I know what it feels like!!!

Thanks everyone

I have had no more signs (and I have been checking ), but decided if I did/do, or get any cramps etc I will call my midwife.

I have added to my list of 'to asks' for next week anyway just to be sure-and I have a scan next week too....