Thread: NEED some assurance....

lucysmummie Guest

Default NEED some assurance....

Well as most of you know I did a test on thursday last week (25th November) and it came up Pos STRAIGHT away (although a bit faint, not as dark as the control line)

Now Im scared that if i do another test it will come back Negative?? I dont know why I keep thinking that but i do
    The line on the test I did on the thursday, now 5 days later is VERY faint but you can still see it, does this mean anything or is that normal for it to just fade away after a coupl of days? (same test was gonna take it to the doctors to show her)

Im just a first time mum who is worrying a bit too much I know but i just need reassurance.... I dont wanna test as Im scared and I have my Doc apppointment on thursday so that should be fine...

am I just over reacting??? do the tests lie????? did someone put it there without me watchin or am I PG because the test said STRAIGHT away I am?????

angelfish Guest

It's perfectly normal for early tests to show very faint, as the hormone level is low to begin with. Any line, however faint, is a positive reading and means you're about 99% likely to be pregnant. If your second test looked weaker than the first, it might be because you tested at a different time of the day (urine is stronger earlier in the morning). I wouls think it's extremely unlikely that you lost the pregnancy if you haven't had any bleeding or other symptoms. It's likely that if you re-test a couple of weeks later, the line would be darker.

I know with my daughter, I got a positive result at just 3.5 weeks, or 1.5 weeks after conception. That was a very faint line, but 9 months later it was an 8lb13oz baby!

Anyway, try not to stress too much and I hope you get good news at your appointment.

Its totally normal to worry about things like this in the early stages. especially as there can seem no real difference between now and before you were pg. i would say if you got a line both times you are pg!

All the best for your drs appt on thursday, im sure that will ease your mind!

lucysmummie Guest

Thansk angelfish I will be testing at the doctors I suppose and then that should b a pos result, I just think after ALL the neg tests and then u get a BFP its just a little bit of a shock!!!!!

I know that a line is a line and a quick result is a good result I should just keep that close to me heart and not worry cause I know woorying wont do anything anyways.....'

O btw I eddited the post to make a little more sense i have only done 1 test!

Hey Shinee,
    Unlike you to be worried!!! How do you feel? Do you feel pregnant or exactly the same as before your BFP and in other non-pregnant cycles??

lucysmummie Guest

nah I think I feel PG???? I know i am it just doesnt feel real thats all......

I feel a bit nausous most of the time so i spose that a good sign and the BBs are worse than ever

See, there you go. Sounds like all will be fine. Let us know how Thurs goes.
    I wish my BB's were sore.

lucysmummie Guest

no you dont I cried on the weekend they hurt that bad!!!!!

i know I will be fine im pretty late for Af and i got a BFP!!!! he he he Im just a worrier

Fee Guest

I'm a worrier too! Only because I have zero pg symptoms!

Shinee, my BFP was a very very faint second line. I didn't believe it completely so I went to the DR straight away for a BT which came back positive.

As for keeping the test - the line will probably fade over time. To get a proper result you're supposed to read the test within 10 minutes or something like that. Do you still have the instructions? Mine said something about any longer period of time could make the test invalid. You need to look at it in the right timeframe. I may have all those details wrong but it's something alone those lines.

Take care and try to relax (I'm trying to do the same!).

Hi Shinee

Or should I say mum to be.

It all sounds good to me.

Shinne, huni, Im going thru the exact same thing at the moment.

With my 3 other pregnancies I was sick as a dog as soon as I was 1 day late and peeing on a stick confirmed it.

With this pegnancy Im 6 weeks today and feel fine no m/s or anything therefore I've done 8 pregnancy tests ( YES 8) retard!!!!! but b/c Im not sick and my boobs aren't sore or anything Im still in denial or worried that Im not, it's such a weird feeling.

Well Id test again if I were you, huni it's the only way you're going to know for sure, and you're going to get a test from your DR on thursday anyway.

Good luck sweety.xx

lucysmummie Guest

Thanks guys and thanks Alan thats funny Im getting that line alot these last couple of days.

I woke up this morning with nausea at like 2 and then ahd to goto the toilet and I still feel sick my BBs are SO SORE and my nipples are bigger O and i havent got my AF and I got a BFP last thursday!! So I MUST be PG I think its just hard to get use to. I read the instructions and the line said check 3-5mins and at that time it was stronger than the 1min mark so I spose its DEFINATLEY a line. I will be doing a test at the doctors anyway and Im POSITIVE it will be a BFP I dont know why i worry??????

thanks guys, and good luck with your pregnancies!!!!!

nikiE Guest

hi shinee,
    I think you and i must be around the same time i've just passed the 5wk mark and i know how you feel i was so scared that i had made the line up that it was all in my head but i had it confirmed by the doc and it's real now i just worry about keeping it there and having a healthy baby and getting past the 12 wk stage I'm such a worrier. but I'm glad to see other people worry just as much
    P.S i don't really have any symptoms other than af type cramping

Fee Guest

I think if you're getting all those symptoms then you've got nothing to stress about.

Try having no symptoms - that's weird (like Nadia said).