Thread: Negative urine tests

ryanjames34 Guest

Default Negative urine tests

Hi my name is Christine. I have two beautiful boys under 2 years old. I t hink I may be pregnant again, as I have had the same symptoms as I did with my last baby. I went to the doctors on Monday and the urine test he done was negative. He said it would be very unlikely that a blood test would be positive as his urine tests are correct. It wasn't till I got home and I remembered that with my last pregnancy. I had a negative test and two weeks later had the same one done again and I was positive. But the curious thing was that when I went to have my routine U/S at 12 weeks, they had said that I was only 10 weeks, so therefore even though my last period was on the 25th sept 2003, it came that I conceived on the 7 Oct 2003. I just wonder if it is the same case here? My last period now is 27th march, 2005. I have been regular since (28) days since July 2004, though in march I was 6 days late. It would be great to hear from anyone that been in a similar situation, or whom can give me advice

Hi Christine

I haven't been in the same situation as you, but just wanted to wish you the best of luck.

Maybe you could do a hpt in a few days or so with an early detection test - because they often detect early pregnancy due to low detection levels? Doctor's pregnancy tests quite often give negative results when you are in early pregnancy as they quite often buy the cheapests ones on the market and they only detect pregnancy at high HCG levels.

Best wishes

Hi Christine,

Welcome to BellyBelly!

Maybe try a different doctor? I was always told that a quantitative HCG blood test is far more accurate than any urine test. It would be able to tell you the exact amount of HCG in your system. Just personally I would insist on a blood test or 2 to see if you are pg.

Good luck.

Hey Christine,

With my first I had a urine test at a doctor that came up negative, even though I was certain I was pregnant, and it turned out I was right. With this one I did a home test that was positive, went to the doctor (different doc) and he sis a urine test that came up negative, very stressful for someone who is ttc. He suggested a blood test but was certain his test was accurate, and the blood test was positive, so doctors certainly can be wrong. If I were you I would have a blood test done, but its up to you.
    Good luck!

I agree with nixie! With Paris I had a pretty similar situation, the results came up negative but I was definitely pregnant and it finally did show up so I would say if you really want to know see another Dr, or if you aren't too impatient (unlike me LOL) then wait it out and see what happens.

Goodluck!

*hugs*
    Cailin

ryanjames34 Guest

Thanks to everyone whom gave me advice. I went to have a blood test yesterday afternoon. I should know later today.

Thanks again

Christine

Best of luck Christine!

Any news yet, Christine?

Good luck!

ryanjames34 Guest

=D>
    YES!!! I am pregnant. It is such a relief to know that I wasn't going mad.

I will keep you all of my progress.

from Chris

WOOHOO! Congratulations, Christine. That's awesome news!!

Yes Congrats!!!!

K

Congratulations Christine.

Sounds like you must really be intune with your bod, proves sometimes all the medical wonders just can not make up for just knowing your body.

YAY CHRISTINE!!!

Congratulations!

=D>