Thread: Nervous! NT Scan Tomorrow

Default Nervous! NT Scan Tomorrow

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to have a little nervous moment. I am going for my NT scan in Melbourne tomorrow and am really nervous. I have been really lucky throughout the first trimester that I haven't had any ms, just the other usual easier to deal with symptoms and feeling sick if I don't eat enough. I had some minor spotting at 6 weeks and had a scan and all was well. I was found to have a small blod clot near the placenta which they thought was causing the spotting. So since then everything has been great and no worries. But because I don't have the dreaded MS i really haven't felt preganant and I am really nervous about my scan tomorrow. I feel like they're going to tell me that there's no baby and that scares me. I guess everyone goes through this and I am sure all will be fine but I just have that doubt in the back of my head. I am starting to get a bit thicker about the waist but just hope all is well tomorrow. My DH will be at the US with me for the 1st time but if you could spare me some good vibes for tomorrow I would appreciate it. Also has anyone felt like this, or am I the only one stressing?

Thanks for letting me ramble

Jess

Hi Jess
    GOOD LUCK for tomorrow, def sending you good luck vibes. I think everyone gets nervous before a scan, but I am sure you have nothing to worry about - think yourself lucky you didnt get M/s too badly!!!!
    I am sure you will find the scan amazing, you can see a lot more than in earlier scans.
    Your DH will love it too, it is a special time so try not to worry and enjoy it.
    Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Hi Jess,

I'm feeling exactly the same as you - even though my scan is still 2 weeks away! i cant help shaking the feeling that something will be wrong or like you am worried about being told that there isnt a baby in there! I've had bad bad nausea so i guess thats my way of telling myself to think otherwise! I'm trying not to worry, but i guess that comes hand in hand with the process were all going through! Best of luck for tomorrow! Let us know how it goes ...

Jess, I've got my scan tomorrow morning at 10.45am so I'll be sending positive vibes out to the universe for both of us.

3 of my bellybuddy group mums have had m/c so I've been extra nervous.

Try not to stress. I'm sure we'll both be fine, as well as our little bubbies.
    xx

Goodluck tomorrow Pregpan. I know exactly how you're feeling! We had an 8 week scan on Monday, i've had hardly any symptoms at all and had almost convinced myself we weren't going to see a baby on the ultrasound. To our delight we did see a baby (although this early it looked more like a blob lol) and we heard a nice strong heart beat. Please try not to worry (easier said than done i know) goodluck tomorrow, i look forward to reading how it went!

Thanks Girls,

I am only dreading it becuase I guess this is so unknown for me! But I will be sure to post tomorrow night or Saturday to let you know how we go. I am sure as soon as I hear the heartbeat I will be able to relax and enjoy the experience. It's so great to have such support though from BB so thanks for replying. And Wardygirl I will be sending my good luck vibes to you for yours tomorrow morning. Hope it all goes well......

Take care

Hope all went well with your scan Jess.

I always get nervous before ultra sounds, its horrible!! Anyway I hope all was fine with your scan.

Hi Jess
    HOw did it go?? I hope it was enjoyable and all good news in the end. they are nerve wracking but also totally amazing. Let us know how you went (I hope well).

Default Good News!

Hi Girls,

Well have some great news! All went really well. The bub was doing well and seems to be in great shape. Our results for DS came back really well, apparently I got the reaults of a 15 year old. So our chances of having a baby with Down Syndrome is now 1 in 44000
    Saw plenty on the US, my DH was stoked. We have broken the news to our families who took it really well and are very excited as did my work when I informed them this morning! So things are cruising now. Have docs appt tomorrow and am off to see the OB next week.
    Thanks so much for all your help....it's a really amazing yet very scary thing being pregnant!

Jess, did you have the blood test as well as the scan measurements? That's great odds

wow jess that is brilliant - enjoy telling everyone your news!

Woohoo Jess thats a fantastic result . Enjoy spreading the news!!
    How long did you have to wait for the results to come back?

Wardy Girl - I had blood tests, plus the scan which combined to give me my results. The doctor informed me that she does 20 tests a day and only see results like ours once a month. So was very stoked!!

Boo - The results were back within 1/2 an hour of the scan being completed. The doctor checked the scan results with our blood tests and then gave us the report. So it was really a very quick process!

Take Care!

Fantastic Jess. I had my BTs done after my scan but I have an appointment in a week's time so will find out my results then. I'm a few years older than you - read 14! - so I'm not expect to see such fantastic results as you got - and I shouldnt' either if the Dr doesn't see them very often.

Fingers crossed mine will be 1/2 as good as yours!

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you, I'm sure you'll be fine! Let me know how you go!

lj268 Guest

hi there,
    jess congrats on your results, you are a very lucky girl. good luck throughout the rest of your pregnancy.
    wardygirl, i hope all goes well with your results. I am concerned about the results i will get when i get my u/s done in a couple of weeks. Due to my age (40!!) i am hoping that the results are good and that i dont have to have more tests to confirm that all is ok with bubs. This is my DH first baby, and this is another reason i am hoping all goes well.
    Good luck all with your pregnancies.
    lj