Thread: no appetite

tianar Guest

Default no appetite

im almost 13 weeks and whilst lucky not to ever suffer morning sickness ive had no appetite. It feels like my tummy is full all the time. has anyone else experienced this.

I had no appetite in early pregnancy this time around either, my appetite came about 2 weeks ago - so I was 18 weeks, now I`m always hungry.

Everyone is different and every pregnancy is different as long as your eating a well balanced meal three times a day everything will be okay and your appetite will more then likely hit you soon.

I'm not usually hungry, unless someone suggests a food that sounds good.

I remember to eat when I walk through the kitchen, or when I start to feel sick

When I was pg with #1 I had no appetite at all, I had to force myself to eat, for the sake of the baby, althugh I did have m/s for most of the day but even when I didn't have it I still didn't feel like eating.

Also at the start of this pregnancy I didn't feel like eating much and I didn't suffer from m/s at all!!

Hopefully you will feel like eating soon.

tianar Guest

yep i too have to basically force down food . is it okay not to put on any weight at all in the first 3 months.

tianar Guest

with my first baby 8 years ago i was weighed at every visit. Now my obgyn doesnt believe in weighing. Do you put on weight breastfreeding,i thought it helped lose the baby weight.

I started off the pregnancy at 63 kilos, lost three in the first trimester and then regrouped. I'm about 70 kilos now. I had likings for fatty and salty things but basically, any of my normal food was extremely unappealing to me so I did lose weight pretty quickly.

I find now in third trimester, I am having to force myself to eat again as I often don't feel like it. I've taken vitamins throughout the whole thing so that at least I have some kind of foundation to draw on for those days when eating is a problem. Do you like Milo or similar? Sometimes, if I felt a bit off and couldn't handle food, I would have Milo as a handy backup. It always went down well when not much else would.

My doctor doesn't weigh me either. I think they only do this now if it looks like you are rapidly gaining because that might indicate something that is a risk to your health. But some weight gain is pretty normal I think ... it's nice to have a reserve there for breastfeeding.