Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No bub????

Default No bub????

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can offer any advice or encouragement

I had a dating scan on Friday. Sac is at 6weeks but no bub inside????????

Im really worried.

The ultrasound man said it might be too early but I think he might have been trying to let me down gently.

Has this happened to anyone else???? And then actually ended well???

oh em, i really hope nothing is wrong. I hope it was just too early :hugs:

Wattle it's not happened to me but i just hope it was too soon for them to see anything.
    If you dates are out a little as well that could also mean they couldn't see much at this time.

Hope you next scan brings you some good news.

Emily, I went for a scan after some spotting and a small loss of fluid when I was 8w1d and there was no bub, and the sac was measuring 6w 4d...

HTH

I will be thinking of you over the next few days!!

Tanya

Oh no!!! I hope all is okay!
    Sending lots of love xxxxxxx
    Roslyn

Big hugs gor you, wattle

I really hope it was just too early and the next scan shows a nice healthy heartbeat for you.

BW

I had this at 7wks but the tech did a vaginal U/S and ws able to see a yolk sac and a ... I can't remember what it is called but it was a polar something or other. At 8 1/2 weeks we went back and there was bub. He is now a happy 3 yr old. Did you have an ordinary or internal U/S? Hope it works out for the best.

frog princess Guest

I had an US at 5 wks and 6 days and the report said "gestational sac measured 5wks 6days but no foetal parts are visible" and the baby was fine (she is now 4 and a half). I believe maybe at such an early stage the baby is too small to see and that is what the sonographer meant.

Em - :hugs: matey. Hope you get answers soon.

Pietta Guest

I also had the same with Ryley. They were telling me for a few weeks to expect a m/c and he is a wonderful little almost 2 year old now. His HCG levels didnt increase quickly. I really hope that there is good news for you next time sweet- hugs

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Wattle,

many Drs won't do a scan until you're at least 7 weeks for this very reason. It's very possible it's too early, my sweet. Are you having another scan?

Oh Emily how scarey for you.
    I had a scan at what I thought was over 6 weeks and I couldn't see anything in the sac. The ultrasoud lady measured the sac and said that judging by the sac it was only 5 weeks 4 days and therefore we wouldn't be able to see much. I went back about 2 weeks later and we saw the baby in the sac this time and the heart was beating.

When did they say to go and have another scan?

em.. Guest

hey EM i am sorry to hear that the silly man stresed you out, hopefully you can go back and get it checked again soon, and that bubs is just hiding...
    will be thinking of you..

liz

i had an ultrasound at 7 weeks, and all they could see was a sac and measuring 5w4d, i went back about a week later, and it was only measuring 5w2d, i eventually miscarried.

with this pregnancy i had a scan at 7 weeks, and bub was only measuring just over 5 weeks, no heartbeat and only a sac, a couple of weeks later, went back and there she was, a strong heartbeat, i was not as far along as i thought i was.

hoping all goes well for you

Awww Em huni, I hope it was just to early.

I had an internal US at 6 weeks and could just see a little bean! These scans are much more clearer, and i knew i was exaclty 6wks (IVF). Perhaps your scan wasnt able to pick it up just yet, as you may not be as far as you think? I know when my Embryo was put in and that i was 6weeks, but the US said i was only 5wks. A mm out when measuring can make a big dif to the dates too.
    I hope everything goes your way.

Kirsty77 Guest

My doc wouldn't do a u/s till I was at least 8-9 weeks as he believed it was to early. I hope everything works out Wattle.Thinking of you...

Wattle how are you doing ?
    Are they giving you another scan ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast