Thread: No idea on LMP - best way to get an EDD???

Default No idea on LMP - best way to get an EDD???

As the title suggests, I have no idea on my LMP (slack I know ). DH and I only DTD on July 18th and 19th - and my previous cycle was abnormally light. Cycle lengths regulated to 33 days for about the previous 8 cycles, however the last two (where I have no idea on dates) seemed to have longer cycle lengths, albeit by 5 or 6 days.

First blood test on July 27th - HCG was 226. Dr said 'the president had an expected gestation of 2-3 wks'.

Second blood test on August 2nd - HCG was 2256. Dr said 'the president had an expected gestation of 4-5 wks'.

After reading Arimeh's Eden thread about the accuracy of dating scans, I'm concerned that all I can really go off of for an EDD is yep, a dating scan .

And I just query how the scan 'aligns' with blood test results? There was only 6 days between blood test one and two, yet a larger increase in the expected gestation.

Bah! I'm confused!!! HELP!

a dating scan before 12 weeks(under 10 i think is best) should give you a reasonably accurate EDD, but even if your not happy with the date be firm and choose one you are comfortable with

There are so many things which affect EDD's! With both of my last 2 pg's I got a couple of EDD's even though I knew when my LMP was for sure. With DD's pg I was given about 3 EDD's spanning about 1 1/2 weeks apart. With this pg, I know I got my LMP between 10th and 19th April though I am not sure the exact date of it starting. I had an u/s at what I estimated to be about 7 weeks. This scan said the pg was 7w4d. OK, that would be about right maybe a bit more than I though I could be, but hey what is a few days? My nuchal trasluscency scan (supposed to be done between 11-14weeks apparently) I had when I was just 11w2days according to dating scan. This u/s said baby measured 12w1d. A whole week out, quite a fair bit out from what I was guessing when my LMP was due. So either baby has had a huge growth spurt in the past few weeks or I was waaayyy out with my guestimations. I am assuming that my morphology scan will be telling me that baby is measuring even bigger than before. I tend to have fairly big babes. And long ones too. I'm saying my EDDis about the 17th of Jan. My first scan puts my EDD at around the 21st Jan. A week either way I'm not too worried. I will just be aware of baby in the weeks leading up to my EDD.
    They say the earlier you can have a scan the better, I think about 6-7weeks is the best time.

Dating scans are actually pretty accurate if done early. Ds was born on his dating scan due date and DD was born 2 days after hers.