Thread: No Symptoms????

BecA Guest

Unhappy No Symptoms????

Hi Everyone

I did a HPT at 5 1/2 weeks and got a faint +ive line, went to the doctor the next day but she said she didn't need to confirm it. At this stage i had very sore nipples and my boobs had increased slightly in size, this stopped by the 6th week. I am now 7 1/2 weeks and since then i have had no symptoms at all, i am just wondering if anyone else has had absolutely no symptoms or if something could be wrong

Thanks
    Bec

Bec, I was the same when I was first pg with Tehya. I even convinced myself that there was something wrong or that I wasn't really pg as I had no symptoms. In the end I went in for a scan, all was fine. My body was just being kind to me. Of course it didn't last too long.

Enjoy it hun, all too soon the dread MS may start.

I had the same thing with my babies - no symptoms for the first few weeks post-BFP, but the m/s did eventually arrive, along with all the other wonderful joys of early pregnancy. Don't get too stressed about it yet, although, if it's really bothering you, I'm sure you could ask your dr. for an appointment. All the best!

Hey Bec

Consider yourself lucky I think!! Some people dont get many symptoms. I am only 5 weeks and have not many symptoms the past week since I got my bfp. I was real tired last week and real hungry but now I am ok. Last night I was a lil put off my my lamb chops cooking in the oven but that was only for a moment! lol I had more symptoms the lead up to my bfp!

Good luck, I am sure everything is OK but if you are worried then have a chat with your Dr.

beastie Guest

hi there,

same here, had that with xander too.. its totally normal...

I too don't feel like I'm having any symptoms.

I kind of doesn't feel weird.

I'm just trying to stay positive at the fact that there is no af.

Hello!!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm now 16wks and I haven't really had any symptoms either. It scared the crap out of me until just recently (particularly because I suffered a m/c at 10wks earlier in the year) - I was so sure that no symptoms meant that I was going to loose another bub. All I wanted was for the m/s to kick in but I must say, now that I know everything is fine, I'm soooo glad I didn't have any symptoms.

My SIL is also pg and has been really, really sick - our pg have been so different. Seeing how terribly unwell she was has made me realise how lucky we are to not get any symptoms - so try to relax and enjoy!! If you're feeling worried, you can always book in for a quick check-up and scan. Regular scans certainly got me through but just enjoy feeling so good!!

Best of luck.

Kelly xxx

I only have had very mild symptoms this pregnancy. I had only 2 weeks of very mild nausea from 6-8 weeks, and then that was it. i was bleeding a lot this pregnancy and was constantly worried that the lack of symptoms was due to me losing the baby. What worried me also was my last two pregnancies, I had debilitating m/s and all those symptoms, and with this one, the majority of the time, nothing!

So what I did was went to a different doctor. The GP I was seeing at the time wouldn't do scans or blood tests, said there was no point till 12 weeks and that I would probably lose the baby anyway. He was terrible! So I saw a different one who sent me for a scan and BTs immediately to confirm everything, and I know the second I worry or have negative signs he would send me for one. He says it's much better to do that than me worry.

If your worried and your doctor wouldn't do a follow up, I would strongly suggest seeing someone else that will take your concerns seriously and allow you peace of mind if you want to get test or u/s. Make sure they are looking after you first and understand you.

It's hard not to worry when so many people talk about having bad m/s and sore bbs, etc. I always wished I had those symptoms so I would not worry so much. It's probably the way you are and in a good amount of women those symptoms dont' come on for a while either. But just make sure if you are concerned you get it checked out and go to someone that hears you and your concerns.

I'm sure you will be fine though, congrats on your pregnancy

Absolutely none! I was saying to DH last night I could have made it to maybe 20 weeks without realising - by then the kicking and the belly growth couldn't be explained away. Nor the lack of period! I was 8w pg when I found out because I had no proper symptoms - a little bit of chest growth, which then stopped, and feeling a bit funny if I'd eaten late the night before.

If I had a quiet baby rather than an active one, and if I had a period, or even some spotting bleeding, then I reckon I may not know even now! Well, OK, the belly does give the game away, but I apparently don't look pregnant most of the time to other people, so no-one needed to have known!

In fact, I had so few symptoms that DH thought it was a brain tumour causing hormone secretion rather than a baby. He believed that for a full week until we saw the baby on an ultrsound!

BecA Guest

Thanks everyone, its amazing how reassured i feel just by knowing that lots of other people have not had any symptoms as well.
    So I will try to take everyones advice and just relax and enjoy not being Sick.
    Bec

Hi Bec,
    I too had no symptoms, It was my DF who told ME to get a HPT! He noticed changes and i didnt, i think that month i had given up on the TTC, PG symptoms etc. Enjoy while you still can!!

Hi Bec,

I felt the same way as you are now. I had very little symptoms and was so worried that in the first 9 weeks I was having blood tests taken to confirm that my hormone levels were rising. I think my GP thought I was a bit paranoid. I have previously had a late miscarriage and because this time we had fallen pregnant through the IVF programe I think I worried that my body might not accept our little bub. I have been proven wrong and we are now 20 weeks.

Enjoy the no symptoms, soon enough you will feel your little one kick which is very exciting.

Why as women are we never relaxed. We either are stressed that we have no symptoms or we are so over the morning sickness. It is like in the summer we want winter and in the winter we want summer. I wish you a wonderful stressfree pregnancy.

Love Linda

ME ME ME!!! I had nothing until I started growing my bump, and even then it was my only sign LOL!

Well fingers crossed for all us without symptoms we are as lucky as some of you guys.

Hi Kunffubecca!

WOW - so many people the same - I've hardly had any symptoms either. Im 7 weeks and the only ones I've had are tiredness and hinger at about week5 and now that's back to normal. My favourite frozen fish tastes different but THAT's it! Lucky us I guess although it makes you feel like you're doing something wrong. Best of luck!