Thread: Is it normal not to get morning sickness?

Percy Guest

Default Is it normal not to get morning sickness?

Ok so here I am at 9w4d or something like that and still have not had one episode of morning sickness. Now my friend who has been sick with it through out her pregnancy was saying I should get checked out as its not normal not to be sick - I always thought it was an individual thing? I have been completely exhausted though! So I'm not getting off scot free!

Is she wrong? Or am I? Can I be just lucky and not get any mornign sickness at all? I do have a baby in me - well last Thursday I had a healthy baby inside of me so am assuming nothing has going wrong in the meantime!

Thanks in advance!

I guess its an individual thing, as not everyone gets sick. I guess you could ask your midwife if it;s really bothering you. If i were you, I would touch wood

Fruitwood Guest

Hi Percy,
    Morning sickness is an individual thing, not everyone gets it. My best friend and I were the same, she was 4 weeks ahead of me and didn't have one bit of morning sickness all the way through her pregnancy and she now has a healthy baby boy. I on the otherhand made up for both of us as I had really severe morning sickness from Week 6 continuously through to week 37 when I gave birth to my darling little girl. My dr said it's all to do with the hormone levels in your body and that some women are really lucky and don't get any morning sickness at all, whilst others have it everyday of their pregnancy and everyone else falls in between, lol. Good luck with your pregnancy and I hope that everything goes well for you.

Best Wishes
    Sharon

I have had 1 day of morning sickness. Every pregnancy is different, as i had ms for 3 days with my DD and until the 2nd trimester with my DS. So this one is different to both of them. It just depends on your body and on the hormones.
    Touch wood you dont have MS...... Alot of expecting ladies would love to have your luck!!

Percy it is normal not to get morning sickness. I've never had it with any of my pregnancies.
    Hope the morning sickness stays away.

Hi Percy,

I haven't had any m/s yet either, but you never know, we could still get it in the 2nd trimester! My friend got m/s after 12 weeks. I think it does just depend. Fingers crossed we don't get any at all!

I was worried because I hadn't had any symptoms since about 5 weeks so I did another test 2 days ago and I definitely am - it came up straight away! I've now got an awful cold which I'm hoping will be the only sickness I feel. Best of luck Percy.

Count your lucky stars. My SIL was sick the whole 9 months yet I didn't have one day of sickness! They only way I felt pregnant was with my growing tummy, other than that the whole pregnancy was fantastic.

I never had any morning sickness at all.. everyone's bodys are different.

My two closest friends never had any m/s with their boys.
    I, on the otherhand, was as sick as a dog from the day I hit six weeks, with both!
    Don't worry.

Hmmm, don't let your friend worry you! She's probably just jealous you've gotten off so lightly (thus far!)!

Hi Percy,
    I did not throw up once during my pg with Aidyn. Although from 8 weeks I did feel very queasy a lot - which I would remedy by eating and eating
    I agree that everyone's pg's can be different, and I have also heard of some ppl not getting morning sickness.

I agree, your friend sounds jealous! I have no morning sickness, the only way I'm sure I'm pregnant is because I've seen a heartbeat on an ultrasound because I don't seem to have any symptoms, expect I'm falling asleep on the sofa a bit more often now.

Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy, I hope you continue to enjoy it!

I havent had any morning sickness yet, but its still early for me so hopefully that wont change! I also talked to my mum and she said she never had morning sickness. I know a few other people also that never had morning sickness, so i wouldnt be too worried about it.