Thread: Not sure what to think!

Question Not sure what to think!

Yesterday i went and had my first scan. I should have been around the 7 week mark. We saw the sac and what appeared to be the possibility of a bubba inside, but I was told the sac measured 8mms which make the pregnancy 4 weeks and 5 days. Obviously there was no heartbeat as it is too early. I was told it is not a blighted ovum (whew). My LMP was 20.9.06, then had spotting when my next period was due around the 20.10.06 and pink mucas once on 26.10.06. I am very confused and not sure what to think. My doctor said he couldn't confirm if I will miscarry or not and it could just be a case of my dates being out. I had a positive pregnancy test on the 25th October, If I was 4 weeks and 5 days then I would have found out I was pregnant at 2.5 weeks. Doesn't add up as all my other pregnancies had to be confirmed by blood tests, although my last pregnancy when i found out by blood test I was 4 weeks when I thought I was 6 weeks! Now I have to play the waiting game and have another scan on 24.11.06 to confirm if the pregnancy is viable and gestational age. If I miscarry before then I still have to have the scan to make sure all looks okay. Let the waiting (and worrying) begin. My history is not the greatest - blighted ovum 04.97 and miscarriage 03.06 ttc 4 17 months naturally. I would appreciate anyones thoughts, ideas or to know if you have had the same thing.

What a horrible position to be in....Im so sorry to hear of this.

Fingers a re crossed very tightly for some great news at your next scan

thinking positive thoughts for you. Hope all goes well with your next scan.

Sounds like your dates are out. Our bodies do strange things and you've had that issue in the past.

I would just keep thinking, there is a sack, a blob, maybe not as big as you'd liked it to be, but it's there!

You can't worry about things that are out of your control. Just keep thinking happy thoughts and picture the baby in your mind with a beating heart, and you'll see that on the 24th!

Take care really try and relax, spend time with your family and friends to try and take your mind off it, and time will go quicker. Trust me, it's working for me and I don't have my next scan until the 30th, you you're before me!!

Let us know how you go.

Exclamation Update to my situation

Thanks for all your thoughts, it's nice to know I can come here and there are others who may be able to relate to my experiences. I have been cramping for the past 2 days, no flowing discharge or blood yet (sorry if tmi). I don't feel pregnant anymore, no nausea, no tiredness, no sore ankles from standing all day at work and even my bb's have stopped that unmistakeable ache. I think I have all but given up hope. If it is what is meant to be I can't stop it from happening. Did anyone elses mother take DES or stilboestrol to either dry up their milk or to help stop miscarriages in the 1970's? Mine did and I am going to bring it up with my dr next time I see him. I've googled it and there is some very interesting information to find. Apparently I can have tests done to see if it has affected my reproductive system due to exposure through my mother. I am still ever so slightly hopeful that I may have a shock on the 24th and see a heartbeat, which either way I'm lucky to have a great team to keep up my spirits at work, and a wonderful husband and daughter. I'd rather be at work keeping busy than being at home thinking and waiting for something that may or may not happen. Thanks for your kind words. Will keep you updated.

Try to stay positive JMG...I had cramping right up until about 9 - 10 weeks. I was convinced the whole time that the bleeding was just round the corner... I even looked for it each time I went to the toilet! But here I am, almost 16 weeks and everything is fine. I also didn't suffer from morning sickness and my bbs were fine.
    Each person and each pregnancy is different so try to remember that. My fingers and toes are crossed for you.
    Please keep us updated...

You poor thing, the waiting for your next scan must be very difficult! I'm glad you have a good support network around you. I also had quite a lot of cramping up until about 10 weeks, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything will work out. Good luck.

I hope everything goes well in your next ultrasound. It is a terrible situation to be in, waiting and not knowing. Just know that we are here to talk things through with you.

Question Thanks for your support

Thanks for your kind words again. I am checking each time I go to the toilet for anything. So far nothing. No cramping today. but a couple of times today I had some serious nausea going on. My body may be playing tricks on me. Don't want to get my hopes back up, but I'm thinking that may be a good thing. Just have to wait it out I guess. Only 10 sleeps to go till I know for certain what's going on. I think it's physcological, if you tell yourself you're not pregnant, you don't feel pregnant! I am in that position of not wanting to hope for the best in case the worst outcome happens, but at the same time I am praying my dates are wrong and all will be good, and in June/July next year I will have a new bubba in my arms. Positive thinking does wonders! I know that from first hand experience, I just want to get past the ultrasound next Friday, so I know for sure what I'm up against. A pregnancy or a m/c. I'm sure a lot of you know what it's like to have to wait for that definate confirmation that everything is going great, and you can just get on with enjoying your pregnancy instead of stressing about every little problem.