Thread: NT scan/ boy or girl

Question NT scan/ boy or girl

am really excited about the scan at 12 weeks i know its for down syndrome and i am a bit nervous about it but my dr is sending me to the place that does it 4d and if we bring a tape we can have it taped!!!
    its not for like 4 weeks or so i'm not completely sure have to book it in still..
    do u think because its a 4d thingy they will be able to see if its a boy or girl???

yep you have a high chance of being able to find out

Noni, i'm only 2 days behind you (due 22nd Sept), so will be going for my nuchal transluceny scan in about 4 weeks as well. it is very scarey, but the odds of having a perfectly healthy baby greatly outweigh the risks against - just keep reminding yourself of that!! at least we only have to wait 12 weeks to find out if there is any good reason to worry - imagine how our mothers felt having to wait until the baby was born!!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

I imagine you would, but I was told we were having a girl at the 12 week scan only to be told at the 20 week scan we were having a boy, so I would be very cautious of finding out!

wow i really wanna know i would think it being 4d would make it a little more accurate???
    ella - that would be a long wait i mean i will love our baby no matter what but id like to be prepared iykwim???

at my 13 wk scan (which wasnt 4D) I asked the sonographer if she could please give me a guesstimate of the baby's gender... and she said she thought it was a boy. She was right! Although I'm sure in many cases it still would be too early to tell for sure.

yep i was told im having a boy at 13 weeks which was correct and so did fletch, and fletch had a 4d scan!

I've got my scan this thursday!! I hope I have a co-operative ultrasonographer!!
    Tanya

goodluck tanya!!!! u'll have to let us know!!