Thread: on off bleeding - help!

Unhappy on off bleeding - help!

I posted about two weeks ago, because I had some light bleeding, dark brown in colour. After about a week it stopped, and I was starting to feel more confident in the pregnancy. I am now 7 weeks, and this morning after I went to the loo I noticed a wet feeling and when I went back to the loo and wiped there was a small amount of dark blood again. ( sorry if tmi! ) I have a doctors appt on tuesday, and will mention it to them, but I was wondering how many other mums have experienced this on off dark, watery bleeding? I did not have this with my first son who was born by c section and is now two.

I had on and off bleeding for the from 5 weeks thru to about 8 weeks, maybe 9. Sometimes brownish, sometimes red, and then sometimes a watery red. I probably didnt notice a wet feeling, but i still 'knew' when i was spotting, similar to how i just 'knew' when i was getting my AF. For me it was normal, also affected in the early days by 'doing the deed' with dh.
    I still had u/s, and blood tests to make sure hormones where doing the right thing, and thankfully, everything turned out ok.
    I was told, if you go to the toilet, and there is wipe and there is blood, wait a a few min, and wipe again. if it is clean, it is spotting, and generally ok.
    I used to go to the toilet, wipe, then wee, and then wipe again. If the second wipe was clear, then i wouldnt panic. If it wasnt clear, then i would go back in 5min check again, and generally, would still clear.
    Also found that sudden movement would make me bleed, vaccuming, hanging out washing etc, must of been because of stretching or something.
    But, sorry for rambling - i know how i felt when i first had spotting, i completely panicked.
    Getting a check is the best thing - set your mind at ease.

sajemsha Guest

Default hi

Have you had your pregnancy blood test done yet? When I had mine done the doctor said I was a- blood type and he siad I'd have to have injections at 28 and 32 weeks so I carry the baby full term, anyway... he said if I had any spotting then to see him and I'd get the injection early, thankfully I haven't had any... Just a thought though, maybe you should ask about your blood group.
    I hope all is well with you ((hugs))

Mumtobee - Thanks for your input! I have been doing a bit more than usual lately, and that could cause it too. I hadn't thought of that. To be safe I will wait till my dr appt before I worry too much!

Rose - Yeah, with my last child the doctor did the blood tests and found out that my blood type was normal and not affected by that rheuses thing of what ever it's called! And I don't think that is something that can change from pregnancy to pregnancy, is it?

Hi sevencats

I had spotting at 6 weeks and then at 9 weeks starting 'gushing' bright red blood. I am now 12 and half weeks and have been bleeding / spotting since 9 weeks. Somedays heavy somedays just spotting. I was told to take it easy, and no excercise or lifting anything heavy and to put my feet up when possible.

I have also had quite a few u/s that reassured me that the baby is fine. Maybe you could ask your doctor for an u/s. I know it helped me heaps to see the baby was fine.

I had a bleed at 5 w 2 days quite heavy with clots and cramps thought i lost the baby turns out my cervix was still closed and bubs was hanging in there, the bleeding lasted exactly a week and stopped, i was told that i had to wait 2 weeks for a scan, im still waiting and due to have a scan Thursday. Good luck i hope the bleeding stops.

sajemsha Guest

Hi, no your blood type doesn't change so that won't be the problem. How are you feeling now? (hugs)

Rose - thanks, I didn't think blood type changed, but I thought I'd ask anyways!

Hi all, thanks for your wonderful help and suport. My bleeding has stopped (for now) and hopefully won't return. I have had bllod tests done and am waiting on the results, but the Dr said to wait till 18 weeks to have an ultrasound!?! I really feel I need to see or at least hear my baby before I can feel totally at ease, and think maybe I should see another Dr (he didn't seem to concerned about me at all). Anyhow, thanks again, am feeling much better now.