Thread: is this Ok to eat.

Default is this Ok to eat.

Hello
    I am 14 weeks pregnant and I made a potato bake two days ago and there is a bit left in the fridge calling my name!! Do you think it would be alright to eat if I heat it through in the microwave?

TIA
    Jem

If it were me, i wouldn't. You;re not suppose to eat leftovers more than 12hours old, because of rick of Listeria.

Bummer LOL!! Thats what I thought as well but wanted another opinion as I am really craving it. Oh well better not to risk it - I guess it is a sandwich for me then!!
    Thanks

Heating food does kill listeria. However, rice is the most "listeria prone" food - listeria can remain in rice even once it has been reheated. So, as a general rule, I don't eat left over rice at all whilst pregnant (which DH loves because he gets the leftovers for work).

HTH

MG

NO!!!! I used to work in our hospital as a menu maid ( meaning i organised what patients can and cant eat). Number one rule of pregnant ladies was FRESH! Never eat day old food as Listeria is a high risk, avoid anything with raw egg i.e. mayo , and nuking food does not entirely remove risk of Listeria. It was hard for me in pregnancy to stick to this myself, especially when there was yummy cheesecake in the fridge, but my hubby thought it was great! I learnt to cook smaller portions and lived on fresh salads and sandwiches at work. GOOD LUCK!

Oh no I reheated chicken soup last week and pumpkin soup this week for lunch!

SP - I would avoid the rice that has been sitting there awhile. If it's a resturant where they make it FRESH for you - no problem!
    If you re-heat your food to steaming hot you *should* be ok. I've reheated soups etc but I am picky about what I reheat.

Thanks everyone. Pays to be safe rather than sorry - so its fresh all the way!!

dont panic girls if you have eaten leftovers etc, these are just what they call giudelines and as long as we try and behave towards what we have been made aware of i reckon we will be ok. I think the biggest worry for me was meats and anything with cream. my ALL PREGNANCY sickness with my last child naturally prevented me from eating most meats so i bulked up on my green leafy vegies to compensate.