Thread: Okay to use cleaners?

Default Okay to use cleaners?

Hi, I am 9 weeks first pregnancy and got some new bathroom cleaner last week. When I used it, the fumes were very strong and I did get a few good wiffs of it, will my baby be okay? I have tried to find info on the net about this w/no luck. I need to keep my house clean while pg and need some kind of guidelines to follow. Can anyone help??

i like to use natural cleaning products, but if they do have a strong odour and you have to use them make sure you wear gloves and a dust mask or something to cover your mouth and nose...i remember buying that easy-off-bam and it almost knocked me out when i sprayed my shower, so thats what turned me more towards natural..

Just make sure everything is well ventilated. Try one of those surgical mask type things if you are worried. Or buy a cleaner that is more natural based
    Best advice is to get someone else to do it for you...lol.

dont stress you'll both be fine.
    personally id avoid it from now on:P get someone else to do it or clean with bicarb/vinegar, etc.

I agree with joh - bicarb and vinegar are great for cleaning. I can't stand the smell of cleaning product fumes even when i'm not pregnant, so i use the Orange Power range. I'm pretty sure they have a website.

A good excuse to get DH to clean!

The only cleaner that I've ever heard specifically to stay away from is oven cleaner.
    Otherwise, make sure there's ventilation.