Thread: OMG morning sickness!!

Default OMG morning sickness!!

okay im am having morning sickness all day long on and off nearly every hour so i am after remedies you ladies use that may work cause i cant handle it!!

Also is it true that if you have really bad M/S all day its a girl? im not sure where i heard that but when i was preggers with my son i was fine felt little quesy in the morning then was fine for the rest of the day!!

sorry i have heard that girl thing too but i had m/s all day and night with my son
    as far as the m/s goes i drank ginger beer all day every day if i felt too sick i would drink it flat i was also told to make sure my blood sugar levels were stable like to snack on dried fruit or a lolly when i started feeling queasy and high protien food before bed is supposed to be good
    apparently aromatherapy is really affective umm a couple of drops of both ginger and spearmint oil in an oil burner !?!
    and those sea sickness armbands ... good luck i hope it goes away soon for you

Spoke to my mum about m/s this morning... in her family, you get m/s with a boy (that can be 24-hour sickness) and nothing with a girl. Except for me, of course, but I'm "meant" to be a boy so I guess that explains that. She had 6-12 weeks M/S with me, then her last month sickness whenever she cooked meat. She had nothing at all with my sister. She suggested I keep ginger biscuits by my bedside until I reminded her it's probably just a bug I've got and I'm not throwing up. However, she's broody enough to insist she's not going to call her first grandchild a bug so I get lots of helpful advice.

(Sorry, just lurking here finding symptoms I do or don't have so I can figure out if I'm pg without having to do a HPT... I know, I'm mad.)

Ginger biscuits or ginger beer/ale may work. Before getting up out of bed get DH to get you some toast with a bit of vegemite or something and eat a bit before getting up. It helps to settle you tummy. Half to problem with m/s is that your hunrgy, but your just too sick to eat. It's like a vicious cycle.

I found during my all-day sickness with Maddy that nothing prevented or really helped. I found I could stomach Gatorade ok though....

angelique Guest

Girls, I just cant recommend acupuncture enough when you have morning sickness. You may feel worse before you get better but take heart - u will feel better a day or so later.

I am not sure about the morning sickness reflecting if u have a boy or girl. I am having a girl and I was actually feeling sick all day until about 20 weeks and vomited most mornings. It was just so bloody awful. But try acupuncture and just eat snacks all the time. Having an empty somach really made me want to vomit.

U will get better though - I never thought it would happen for me but it did!! Hang in there babe.

I started drinking a berocca around lunchtime, as i was getting all day sickness, but predominantly it would hit worse in the afternoon when i was really tired.

They were the 'berocca performance' ones with the magnesium and calcium.

MIL instructed DH to bring me a cup of tea and a dry biscuit before I even got out of bed... but I get up way too early for that to work on week days!

I nibble on dried fruit on and off all through the day and that seems to stop it getting bad. We also tend to eat dinner pretty late - the later the better, as I can start eating in the mornings before getting hungry.

We ate dinner relatively early last night, and I'm suffering this morning...

BW

I got morning sickness all day and all night.. for 22 weeks - believe me wasn't fun!!! i would get up at 3 am and be sick!!! the only thing that helped me was drinking green cordial. Ended up losing about 6 kilos!
    I hope you don't get it as long as i had it!

I had hardly any m/s with my girl, but in this pregnancy is morning sickness hell! I am vomiting 2/3 times a day, and feeling like I have flu! It's amazing how different pregnancies are.