Thread: OPK still positive???

Default OPK still positive???

I know this is a weird question but have any of you guys used an opk since knowing you were pg?? I've had some spotting and wanted to do another hpt (only done 5!!!-- i have issues) to reassure myself and didn't have any left so I used an OPK and it came up really dark and appeared instantly. Now I'm freaking out that I shouldn't have so much LH in my system?? Have any of you guys done one later in pg?? I'm six weeks now. Thanks-- I am aware I sound like a nut job!! :eek:

Hope, sorry I can't answer your question. I have responded to you in PAML .

I know I kept doing HPTs until I had my 8 week scan - I figured it was worth it to keep my sanity! Can you buy some more HPTs and test again? I know it's scant consolation, but it might help.

ETA I only used the OPKs until I got a +HPT, but it did work for me both times. Maybe Deb or someone can help you with the whole LH/HCG/OPK thing.

Hi Hope,

I know I used OPK and I got a light 2nd line, the next morning I tested and got a BFP. Another BB member, who was about 5 weeks pg at the time, she did a OPK to see what it would come up as and it was dark 2nd line. I would do a HPT though, but I am sure if you are 6 weeks then you are still pg.

Sezjm - I am so like you!! I have done a few HPT's, when I have the scan and see the heartbeat I will stop doing them. 8 weeks tomorrow so hoping to organise a scan for next week.

Hope - let us know, but I am sure all is fine.

Hi Hope,

A OPK can show a pregnancy also. I used on just after the Dr confired i was pg and it came up straight away also.