Thread: Ovary pain - early pg

Default Ovary pain - early pg

Hi girls,

Have any of you had any ovary pain in early pg? I have been having some sharp jabs in my right, and more so the left ovary, and it happens more so when I stand up after sitting for longer periods, and as soon as I get up and move around it goes away. I have been having some pulling and tightness in the abdomen but I attribute that to everything stretching and little bubba getting comfortable. Any ideas on the ovary pains?

Thanks,
    Lisa

hmmm. I was wondering what makes you think it is ovary pain? You dont mention your gestation but I would hazard a guess beacause you mention feeling it on both sides this could actually be ligamental pain.
    You have ligaments on each side of your uterus anchoring it down to the bony pelvis a little like guy ropes holding a tent down (sorry for the analogy) as the uterus first grows and stretches the ligaments pull and cause deep internal pain. It comes and goes throughout preganacy. Often women report feeling it when baby has a bit of a growth spurt. No magical cure for this on. Just get up slowly, be kind to yourself.

Hi,

I definitely had pains in my right ovary and as with you, often when I stand up, it feels like it suddenly cramps up. I still get it at 13 weeks, but did have a small cyst so not sure if that is anything to do with it.

Anyway I have mentioned it ot the midwives and they don't seem too concerned. Ther's alot of changes happening in there!

I also get stretching pains which I am only just feeling okay about and getting used to. The first pregnancy is quite scary with all these new feelings!

~Jane~ Guest

My ob attributes this to all the stretching and also the fact that the ovaries are working overtime in the first part of the pregnancy producing hormones to support the pregnancy. All very normal, although it is quite painful at times and at 11 weeks tomorrow I am still getting pains here and there which completely freak me out (I miscarried with my first pregnancy). I just keep reminding myself of everything that is going on down there and thinking "it's all good".

Good luck

LisaL
    I had the same thing - big pain in left ovary in the early weeks. (and when I had my 7 week u/s they were able to tell me that my baby had come from an egg in the left ovary.)

Like Jane I was told this is because the ovary is working overtime (it is actually supporting the pregnancy) in the early stages before the placenta takes over at about 12 weeks.

Thanks gals,
    It has settled down now and the cramping in general has eased. Its so reassuring to have you gals! Thanks and hope you all had a wonderful Chrissy.

Lisa