Thread: Pain in my side @ 5.5 weeks?

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Default Pain in my side @ 5.5 weeks?

Hello,

Thank you for reading my post.

I'm only just over 5 weeks and I have had this terrible pain in my side from about midnight (it is now 4pm the next day). It is on my left hand side and shoots through to my lower back? It does not come and go, it just stays there, a low deep pain???? I threw a surprise party for my partner last night so yesterday I really overdid it with cleaning and setting up for a party and then running around hosting so maybe I have done something to hurt myself?

Is this type of pain normal?

I've been in bed all day hoping that rest will fix it, but the pain is still there - not bad enought to make me cry, but still very noticable. Do you think I should go to the doctor? Or is this just a normal pg cramp thingy? Thanking you in advance for your advice...

I don't really know, but if it worries you, you should see your dr. For a while there I was getting an ache like that after urinating. It was like my bladder ached, but the ache went down and behind into my lower regions as well 8-[

This went away after a while, but it usually only lasted for about 20mins or so after going to the loo. Things are stretching and moving around to make way for your uterus in there, so stretching type pains are normal.

I hope it eases up for you and that everything is ok.

Cee ...wish I had an answer for you. I am having pains too ...almost 10 times a day... sharp pains to the left mostly (like if you put your hands on your hips with your fingers facing towards your belly....just at the tip of your fingers) and some period like cramps...

Yesterday I bent down sideways and stretched to pick up something...and 5 secs later...the pain was really intense went on for a couple of mins. My mid-wife...says its normal......but best check with others/gp/ob.

Try a warm wheat bag !!! And try talking to bub =P~

Sure the party went well tho...??

Hugs

Cee_Cee99 Guest

thanks girls,

Ivana - thanks now that I read your post I do think it maybe blader or liver or something other than uterus moving - thanks

Bev - he hee- I did try talking to it, it actually helps when I place my hand over the pain - also got my partner to put his hand over the pain too which help (probably the heat, but also positive energy)

Thanks Fletch, no do not feel dizzy or faint, in fact other than that pain I feel good... I will wait to see how I feel tomorrow and if it still hurts like it is now I will ring my doctor... your right, better safe than sorry.... I just did not want to start ringing my dr. at only 5 weeks, she would think I'm neuotic - where as we are all neurotic on BB!

thanks again girls

:lovebb:

Lee-Ann Guest

Just another thought it could be the Corpus Luteum which is "a glandular mass which forms in the ovary after fertilization. It produces progesterone which helps to form the placenta and is active for the first 14 weeks of pregnancy". I'm pretty sure this caused me a bit of discomfort and some of my friends had mentioned that they had felt pain on one side in the early stages.

If you get any other symptoms such as bleeding or anything like that or the pain worsens definitely go to the ER.

Hun, anything to do with pain or weirdness in pregnancy I'd get it checked out, as being pregnant and carrying that tiny life is so precious that
    I's always get it checked. Don't mean to freak you out but I had pains all through my pregnancy, both of them and I always went to the hospital, if it's nothing then all they'll do is send you home after a check up- as Fletch said it's better to be safe than sorry. O

Cee_Cee99 Guest

So, the pain has gone? Woke Monday morning pain free? So strange. I have booked in a appointment with a doctor - just to discuss it and make sure I did not do anything wrong.... thanks again girls for you comfort on Sunday.

Hi

Its great to hear that your pain has gone. I get pains in my side, they were there a lot more in the early weeks, and they always turned out to be my bowel, they lasted a long time sometimes but they always eased up after a poo or fart 8-[ Just thought I'd let you know, in case this is what your pain was.

Goodluck with the rest of your pregnancy O