Thread: Pain in side

Default Pain in side

Yesterday I thought that I would enjoy the sun and lie on the grass and read at lunchtime. Whilst I was there I sneezed. Now, I have found in the past that it hurts my stomach to sneeze when I am lying flat. Normally, I manage to curl up in time but yesterday I didn't. It hurt so much. I felt that I pulled muscles that I didn't know I had. I still have some pain on my left side from it. Have I damaged myself permanently? What is happening to my body that a simple sneeze would cause such excruciating pain.

I think it's something to do with ligaments etc starting to stretch and be softer than normal. I find sneezing and coughing to not be the most pleasant of experiences at the moment either and usually have to hold the bottom of my whale like belly!!

I have the same thing too. Just off to the side and only sometimes. I can't remember having this problem in the first pregnancy so I'm interested in this topic too.

I have the same thing when I sneeze too. Only happened about a week or so ago. Scared me when it first happened!

It has to do with your body preparing for baby. All your muscles and ligaments stretch and soften to make room for your uterus. This is why they don't recommend women lift heavy objects in pregnancy. The baby is protected but all your muscles have slackened. Take it easy for a few days and try to relax yourself. If in a week or so you find that the pain is still bad then check with your dr or ob.
    Hope you feel better soon

Hi Morv
    You have pulled ar perhaps torn a muscle. Quite common in pregnancy due to your loosening ligaments. It will repair itself in time

I experienced this from about 6weeks and as i had some brown spotting at that time it really freaked me out but now im getting used to it!!

I woke up the other night in pain after turning on my side and feeling a painful stab to my side - all i did was roll over!! It hurt during the next day like a torn muscle but its fine now!