Thread: period pains

Default period pains

hey,
    just wondering if anyone else is getting period type pains. about a week before my period i usually get a sensation in lower abdomen and i know that i am gonna get my period soon. i have had these feelings (it doesnt really hurt, its just a sensation) just about everyday of my pregnancy so far (6 weeks). anyone else get these type of sensations and if so how far along in pregnancy can i expect them to stop?

Hiya

I had the same thing, my cramps lasted till about 2 months. Good luck!

Yes, it's normal as I asked my OB about them.

lucysmummie Guest

Yeah I get them HEAPS I actually went to the Hospital about them but if there is no bleeding there is NOTHING to worry boutjust take some panadol. its stretching. I know its hard being a first timer too so just hang in there and put your feet up or lie down that usually helpd me. or put a hot pac on it!

babymakesthree Guest

I had them too, it's your uterus stretching. While the baby is still only very small, the uterus is always much larger and stretches in anticipation of the growing bubba. They can be quite painful at times.

i also had them pretty much from about 9dpo - i too thought AF was arriving - but nope - it stopped not long after 6 weeks for me...

thanks girls. its nice to know that other people know what i am talking about and can offer advice and support. thanks again.

hollo, I experienced really strong period pain during first tri. i called my dr and he said it was completely normal & it is safe to take panadol to relieve it.