Thread: period type pain after ovulation

Default period type pain after ovulation

Hi everyone,
    I was just wondering if any of you that are pregnant had period like pain for at least a week or so before you realised that you were pregnant? I have this dull aching feeling in my lower abdominal that feels like period pain but as AF is not due until Sunday I am not sure what to make of it. I wouldn't term it cramping as I would consider these sharp pains. I usually don't get period pain until AF arrives.
    I have read that in early pregnancy there is cramping but I am not sure if this is considered sharp pains or just a dull ache.
    I am interested in life experiences.
    Thanks

hi wishful,

i remember having period pain about a week before AF was due. i was so sure i couldnt be pregnant!! but low and behold....

the period pain actually lasted thru most of first tri actually,

all the best,

Linda

Hi Wishful

Yep, I had the period pain feelings too and was quite certain that I was going to see the old witch any day!

Like Linda, I had those pains for quite a while after a positive pregnancy test.

Hope the pain is a good sign for you!

Best wishes

Kirsty77 Guest

Yes I had cramps/pains about 1 week to 1 1/2 weeks before AF was due.At the time I did think its was odd but never thought anymore about till I got a positive result.The pains were sort of sharp to mild cramps.I also got them after AF was due for about 2-4 weeks.I was told by my GP that its completely normal.

Wilson Guest

I had cramping after ovulation and aches and still do have them they are different to my AF cramping though i think....

Goodluck

It could be "implantation pain" which some people feel as the sperm inplants itself... I didn't get it personally, but quite a few preg books describe it and say it often makes woment think AF is coming when it's not... Good luck.