Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: petrified of losing baby

monique45 Guest

Default petrified of losing baby

Hi my name is Monique, Ive just registered today and would love to hear from anyone who can tell me to shut up, stop worrying everything will be fine O I am 5 and half weeks pregnant with my third child, I so forgot what pregnancy was like, well maybe I chose to forget as I didn't enjoy my last 2!!! My eldest is 4 1/2 & my youngest is 3. We did not plan for a third but when we found out we were so happy! I have been having the worst back pain, I have had spotting a couple of times now but only minute amounts. I had 1 pregnancy loss @ 12wks b4 i fell pregnant with my eldest so I know how it feels and it was completely different to anything I'm feeling now but I can't help being so paranoid about losing this little 1. I do remember with my 2 little girls, when I was pregnant with them, I had spotting worse than this and bad cramping and they are both healthy critters. I guess I'm just seeking reassurance from somebody who has had similar symptoms, u never know my back pain may be a result of being so friendly with the toilet bowl l8tly O Looking forward to hearing back from ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Monique

Welcome to BellyBelly. There are definitely girls here that are going or been through what you are currently going through. No doubt they will offer you lots of support.

Wishing you all the best for your pregnancy. :luck:

Love :smt049

J's_mummy Guest

Welcome to BB Monique,

Congrats on your pregnancy.

I think every woman has the same feelings as you if the early stages of pregnancy are rough & bumpy. I know it is hard to not to think that something is wrong or something just doesn't feel right. But just remember we are all here to support you.

Welcome Monique! Congratulations on you pregnancy! I know how you feel. Oneday I found myself an uncontrollable mess. I spent the whole day crying. Poor Db didn't know what to do.

I haven't experienced the spotting, so I can't help you there. But I guess you could also see if your dr will do an early u/s to make sure everything is in the right place. I hoping to get one at my first ob app tomorrow. I'm scared to death but excited also.

I have found being able to talk about my fears and ask questions helpful so feel free to vent when ever needed.

Good luck!

Hi Monique,

Welcome to Belly Belly! And congratulations on your pregnancy!

I really understand your concerns.........I am 40 weeks pregnant and not an hour goes by when I am not worrying about something.

I had an MC at 12 weeks with a previous pregnancy, and so have been totally scared throughout this one: one of the joys of impending motherhood I guess.

As Iris says, if you can get an early u/s, I would do so........I had one at 7 weeks, and when I saw that heartbeat, it was the most reassuring thing in my life!

Best of luck!

monique45 Guest

Thank you all of you for the kind words, it is so refreshing to know there are so many women out there going through similar things, its funny how you seem to think your the only 1 going through these things at the time. I wish I had found a web site like this when I was pregnant with my girls!!!

Good Luck to you Lucy!!!! You poor thing, you must be so sick of being pregnant by now!!! The hardest days are the ones leading up to the birth, you just seem to feel like it's never going to happen and that the baby will be celebrating its 21st birthday in there if your body would allow it O
    Hope all goes well for you, GOOD LUCK (you won't need it) :babykicks:

Thank you once again guys
    :smt049 monique

Orkids Guest

I cant really offer any helpful advise but to say that I think most people feel the same way. I know I worry like crazy 8-[

Monique,

I can't say I've had your symptoms, I've had a very easy pregnancy so far (touch wood) compared to what everyone else seems to be going through, but I was paranoid everysingle day until he started to kick all the time. Now I'm only paranoid when he's asleep. This is my first time pregnant, so I don't even know if every little thing is normal or not, but I guess paranoia is!

At least you're in good company!

hey monique, welcome to belly belly
    I was always scared of loosing my baby too, i think everyone does its a normal thing, I suppose it makes it harder if u have miscarried before..

lots of hugs
    take care
    Lesley

Melinda Guest

Hey Monique,

I think some of the things the other girls have said here are fantastic - getting an early u/s would definitely be a way of reassuring you that things are going along just as they should.

Like you, I too have suffered from m/c - 2 in fact. This PG, which will result in our first baby who is 'with us' IYKWIM has been full of fear and anxiety! I too had some spotting (well, not really even spotting, very very light coloured discharge...sorry TMI!) on about 3 occasions I think and it totally freaked me out. I didn't have it with the other two PG's and so I was wondering (a) was this a sign of a normal PG or (b) was it a sign of a miscarriage?

Unfortunately no one can ever fully alleviate your fears (in my case LOL), but the early scan is definitely the way to go if you can.

Good luck!

monique45 Guest

Hi Guys,
    Well, I am a big dag, I rang my doc yesterday arvo and demanded he book me in 4 an ultrasound @ the hospital right NOW I told him (how neurotic am I?).... I am actually 7wks & 2d so I'll b due on 04/10/04!!!! Lucky I have a good GP who finds my insanity really amusing O Everything looks fine, I am so happy but..... if this morning/all day sickness does not go away soon, I'm going to go insane, I've lost 3 kilos & I only started @ 52, I'm going to be a very ugly pregnant person who falls over all the time aren't I?
    Monique

Orkids Guest

Hi Monique,

good on you for getting the ultrasound, hopefully it gave you peace of mind for at least 10 minutes or so!! #-o

Its a coincidence that you are due on the 4th October, thats my due date and I'm pretty sure Laras as well. Could be a big day for us BellyBellyers!! \/

Well Monique that shaved a couple of week off your pregnancy for you. Great that you go in for an ultrasound so quickly.

I was 55kg when I fell pregnant this time around and I am not falling over yet !! LOL. Mind you I still have 8.5 wks to go. I never did with my other son either and I was only 45kg when I fell pregnant with him

Hope your morning sickness :msick: passes soon.

love :smt049

Orkids Guest

I'm bound to be a fally over kinda pregnant lady cos I was a fally over kinda non-pregnant lady!! Can you say uncoordinated??? #-o

Monique - on the m/s thing... everyone told me to be reassured by it because it told you that everything was still happening... but at 18 weeks I was ready for it to be over!! I lost 8kg and only started putting weight on after 16 weeks... and everyone told me that can be normal too...

Good Luck!!

Christy

Sandra Guest

Dear All,

I'm new to this website, but I'm learning soooo much from reading everything here.

I'm a born worrier, so naturally with this being my first pregnancy I'm stressing big time about EVERYTHING. My main thing is that I don't feel like I am pregnant. I have sore breasts (I think, they do feel a bit tender) and I am bit tired, but apart from that I don't feel much different. Some days I can't eat enough, but I don't know if that is a psychological thing.... I will be 12 weeks on Friday, and even though I am looking forward to my first visit with my OB, I am also petrified that he is going to say something is wrong. I'm really freaking about what is termed a "missed abortion" - how you can have an m/c and not really know..... I really hope that after my OB visit and hearing my baby's heartbeat I will realise how silly I have been. The other thing that concerns me is that I haven't been going to the toilet a lot (like everyone says they do.....) I know it sounds crazy, but as I said I'm a worrier so I have questions about everything.... :roll: Could it have something to do with not producing enough progesterone. I don't know much about pregnancy (apart from what I am reading) and it always helps to hear first hand experiences, and not having told anyone about the pregnancy yet, it makes it a bit hard. Gotta love these bulletin boards!

Did anyone else have pregnancies where it didn't really seem like they were pregnant? I am hoping that I am just lucky, ie no bad symptoms. My husband keeps hassling me about when he can tell people, but until I can hear a heartbeat, I guess I won't feel like it is real.

Yours in pregnancy

S

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Hi Sandra and welcome to BellyBelly!

On the toilet thing, last pregnancy, I didn't go much and didn't understand why everyone else did. But I am not a huge drinker - I don't drink much even though I know I should. Do you drink much during the day? Perhaps try to up your water intake to get that 8 glasses of water, at least. I noticed on the days I tried to drink more, I went to the loo more!

Also you are very blessed to have few symptoms, if you were to have another pregnancy after this one and have worse symptoms, you'll be kicking yourself for not enjoying no yucky symptoms!

Your Ob appointment will probably make you feel much better at this stage, but I am sure you'll be fine. I assume you have had no bleeding (full flow) so this is all good, and sore boobs are a very common sign of pregnancy! So chin up - you are so lucky!

All the best - let us know how you go.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Sandra Guest

Thank you for your comforting words.. I'm a sensitive little soul (my body is probably exhausted from all the worrying I do O

I'll let you all know how things go!

Thanks again. This is great website. \/

Sandra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast