Thread: pickled seafoods

Default pickled seafoods

Does anyone know if there is a high risk of listeria in marinated seafood, liked pickled octopus and pickled mussels etc?
    thanks!

i think it depends on how hot it is when u eat it? and how sanitary the conditions it was marinated in were? sorry i'm not great on this stuff i hope someone else can help though

Marinated seafood is usually safe... Make sure that you are buying from a reliable company (clean environment during the preparation period). I was told that the salt has a disinfectant effect so it does not contain listeria. However, you should eat with moderation because the salt has an effect on your pregnancy, it may cause peripheral edema!

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking like those tubs you get at the supermarket of like mussels in vingear. I was hoping the vinegar might kill any germs?

I didn't even know u could get pickled seafood lmao. I know tinned seafood is ok I have a lot of tuna mmm dunno if thats anything similarish?

Hi LG! How are you going? I smiled when I read this post, cause its so exciting to think that now we can stop obsessing over wether or not we are pg, and can now shift our focus to all of these tricky questions!!! I'm so excited!!! I am now 5 weeks and 5 days pregnanyt, and loving it!!!!

CM, I have heard that pregnant women should limit tuna consumption due to high levels of mercury. For more information, you could read the pregnancy section in Centre for Disease Control... They said that pregnant women should cut down on tuna and another kind of fish... (particularly those two due to high levels of mercury which is harmful to the bub)!

I only eat yellowfin tuna not..is it blue fin? I've read yellow fin is fine, blue fin isn't. I only have the little tins on crackers etc or cheese and vegimite ones. Thank you heaps for your concern I'll re-google to make sure the amount im consuming isnt too much only just found out I can't drink as much viten juice (mixed fruits)as i like because of the vitamin a levels in it its so yummy though!!

Thanks everyone!
    Hi Kristabelle!! Great to see you in here!!! Yeah i know what you mean, i'm going to find something to obssess about again now...!! LOL