Thread: pinching feeling

DaisyJane Guest

Default pinching feeling

I'm about 7 wks and I've been getting this pinching feeling in my lower abdomen, lasts about 4 seconds and happens about every hour. No bleeding at all, so do you think this is just normal uterine movement, making room?

PS I had a scan yesterday but no heart beat was seen. The sac is in the right place and there's no inflammation or bleeding surrounding it so maybe it's just too soon for me. Has this happened to anyone else?

Daisyjane

Daisy,

I got a lot of pinching and stretching feelings around the time you are describing.

It sounds as if there is uncertainty surrounding your dates. Are they repeating your scan? If so, when?

Regards,

Mel

DaisyJane Guest

Mel,

I'm as sure of dates as I can be - it's an IVF baby so I know exactly the timing of everything.

I think it doesn't look good for me... waiting to be proven otherwise.

skyelar Guest

Hi Daisy,

I too had/have these pinching pains in my lower abdomen. Makes me stop & kind of tense up for a second.

Hope all goes well at your next scan, have they given you a date for it? Which clinic are you at? Sorry for all the questions

Daisy - good luck with the next scan. Sometimes the heartbeat might not show at the first scan but is there at the second. I hope this is the case for you.

I did IVF too. I had the heartbeat at six weeks but my hcG level was very low to start with so I thought mine might not be a goer either at one point. I'm keeping everything crossed for you.

Hi Daisy,

I had the exact same thing around that stage. I came home from the shops one morning and started freaking out thinking something was going wrong. So i called my sister who has had 3 kids and she said she had the exact same with all 3. As hard as it is to imaging, its just your uteris growing, as it grows before the baby grows and all your other insides are making room.
    As you say, there was no bleeding detected in your scan so by the sounds of everything you are experiencing is normal.

Dont say it doesnt look good for you, keep positive girl! Youll be right!

DaisyJane Guest

Thanks Girls, it's really good reading your advice.

I've posted updates in the "7 week scan" thread that will keep you updated on the situation.

Ciao, DJ

Do the twinges stop? I haven't felt one for a few days (I am 11 weeks)... is it something to worry about???