Thread: Pink mucous in 12th week?

Angelfly Guest

Default Pink mucous in 12th week?

The last two days I have pink mucous when I wipe and also on my underwear. This is my fifth pregnancy (I am 38) and I have never, ever experienced a miscarriage or any kind of spotting before. I am concerned that this is the beginning of a miscarriage although I have been feeling very sick from six weeks onwards. Has anyone else experienced the pink mucous thing, with either a good or bad outcome? I am stressing out here. I am due for the nuchal translucency scan this Thursday. SHould I wait or should I call my obstetrician?

pebbles2820 Guest

I had this with all 3 pregnancies, My first I paniced, thinking I was micarrying and went to hospital. Later I was told a lot of women get this, Is called an implant bleed or show. I'm not sure about the technicalities but it may just be this, even so it's a good idea to consult your doctor. Good luck.

Pink mucous is not unusual. It can be caused by DTD, heavy physical work, and often there is no reason for it. If it continues tomorrow without easing then you should go and get checked

i experienced this with my first at 8 wks and was told i had a missed misscarriage. I only experienced the smallest amount of blood so i wasn't that worried about it either.

I don't want to alarm you, but u may be having a threatened misscariage. It would be best for you to go and find out for sure what is going on, rather than waiting it out and making yourself more worried over what could be absolutely normal.

best of luck, i hope all goes well.

Angelfly Guest

Thumbs up

I just wanted to update everyone on things. I had my 12 week nuchal translucency scan last Thursday and everything is fine. The baby is the right size and quite active. The sonographer found a tiny pool of blood on my cervix called a sub-chorionic haematoma which is reasonably common and comes from between the placenta and the bag of waters the baby is in. In most women this condition corrects itself, while a small minority will go on to experience problems, including the placenta peeling away, or the clot growing bigger. I have had no more spotting and hope everything continues this way.

Thats good to hear Angela!