Thread: Pinkish CM after DTD

goldilocks Guest

Default Pinkish CM after DTD

Hi ladies!

Sorry if this is TMI (although I've come to learn that on BB there is no such thing as TMI! LOL) but I'm after some advice/reassurance...

After DTD with DH recently, I had some pink CM for about 24 hours afterwards. Needless to say, it scared the hell out of both of us! And now DH is terrified of touching me with a 10 foot pole! LOL

I know that DTD cannot cause a miscarriage, but I don't like seeing CM that's any colour other than white! The pink CM would last for about a day after DTD and then goes back to normal. I haven't had any cramping or pains which is a relief!

I know that the cervix is easily bruised during sex whilst pregnant so I'm thinking that's all it is. Should I be worried or is this normal during pregnancy?

Any stories or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

Goldilocks - I dont really think there is a need to worry too much. If I remember correctly from my 1st preg' the same thing happened with me too and I have heard that it is normal and happens to many women.
    Hopefully other ladies will share their stories too. Theres always comfort in numbers isn't there!
    When we're pregnant we worry about everything! And believe me even once bub is born it doesn't stop. We become experts at it, lol.

goldilocks Guest

Hello Hind!

Thank you so much for the reassurance.

Since abstaining from DTD, I haven't had anymore coloured CM so I'm not worried. If I was having some pains or cramping I would be off to the doctor ASAP!

It's crazy how much we worry about every little symptom. If my m/s isn't as strong one day, I start to worry...or if I wake up and my bb's look a bit smaller, I worry even more! LOL It never ends!!!

Today my m/s is shocking and my bb's are HUGE so I'm very happy! LOL

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

brodes80 Guest

HI goldilocks as you know I've been having discoloured cm as well...it scares the heck out of you I know!!!Sounds like all is good though as it stops if you don't DTD. I have had lots of reassurance that it is very common in 1st trimester (my doc says 1 in 3 get it) but I know it's still worrying!!!

I know you have a strong little bubs in there (all your symptoms point to it!!) and everything will be OK. Try to take things easy and hopefully that naughty stuff will stay away!!

take care xxx

goldilocks Guest

Thanks Brodes!

I know that you've had a scary time with spotting lately as well...it's such a bugger, isn't it!

I'm just hanging out for my first scan on 5 July. Seeing that bubs is ok will make me relax a lot more. I know that's how you felt after your scan!

Thanks again belly buddy

Love
    Goldi
    -xxxooo-

sunshine Guest

Goldilocks - I had the same thing, with this pg and my first one. Just a very light pink, and probably not for 24 hours, maybe just 12, but it sounds similar. As you know, I had no problems first time around, and hope the same applies now.

I'm not abstaining, as I know that chances to DTD will become EVEN MORE scarce when there are two babies in the house!!!! I say, enjoy it while you can!

G

Hi Goldilocks
    Pink CM after DTD is normal. You have lots of very small blood vessles down there and they are easy damaged.

goldilocks Guest

Hi Alan!

Thank you so much for the reassurance! It's very comforting to hear a medical professional backing up what I already thought!

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

goldilocks Guest

Thanks Emma!

The spotting/bleeding always disappears within 12-24 hours and there were never any clots (believe me, I was checking VERY thoroughly! LOL) or pain/cramping, thank god.

I had some abnormal cells lasered off my cervix a few years ago so maybe that has something to do with it also? My cervix may have been extra sensitive as a result.

LOL My libido has actually gone through the roof since being pg! We are definitely going to hold off until at least 12 weeks now. It's just not worth the added stress...like I'm not stressed enough as it is! LOL

Thanks again, hon

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-