Thread: pinky discharge

Default pinky discharge

sorry if this is TMI but this morning when i wiped after doing a wee i had the faintest pinky tinge on the loo paper - havent had anymore during the day & still have bad morning sickness but it was still enough to make me wonder what it was?
    any ideas?

There is an article on bleeding in pregnancy on the main page, its not uncommon, I think 1 in 5.

If you are worried, call your doctor or midwife (sorry, not sure how far along you were)

I had pink discharge at 6 weeks, but it was all day, every time I went to the loo.
    Then at 8 weeks, I had dark red/brown mucous too.
    And now I have a healthy almost-10 month old!

I was really worried though, boht times, as both were after exercise, and both were accompanied by stabbing lower abdominal pains, so I had an ultrasound which showed that everything was fine.

Hi Mel
    This is very common in early pregnancy. It often happens around the time you would have had your period if you were not pregnant

Hi Mel,
    This happened to me around 10 weeks. I would get a heavy type feeling, just above my pevic bone, then I would get slight bleeding... Sometimes, the pink stained CM would be there without the heavy feeling. This went on for 3 days and I freaked out. My Dr referred me for an ultrasound just to be on the safe side... and bubs was fine, and no cause of bleeding could be found. I was also tested for UTI, but that was all clear too. It was put down to being a slight breakthrough of AF.
    If you're concerned, give your Dr or Midwife a call and see what they think.
    HTH
    Lisa

I am sure everything is fine but if you are a little worried ask your dr for a blood test to check that your hormone levels are rising.

I had a similar case of spotting at 6.5 weeks and had my hormone levels checked which put my mind at ease.

I hope you are not feeling to stressed about it.

Linda

Hey Mel,

I had the same thing at 5.5 weeks, it was just a slight tinge of pink in cm. I freaked out and went to the local hospital and got a scan. The couldnt see anything coz it was too early, but I had another scan 2 weeks later to check viability. But during that time I had my HCG levels checked evry few days for about a week and as long as the levels go up then it should be fine. I rested a bit after and I think I spotted for about 2 weeks. Try not to freak out like I did. Go to your GP if you are worried and get him to check your levels... better than having internal u/s!!!

Good luck,
    Melissa

thanks everyone - luckily i havent seen anymore & my morning sickness is still raging so was hoping that was good that it was the start of a miscarriage - think it may be been that over did the day before so need to slow down
    thanks again

When I was pg with Declan I had a bit of pink spotting and it scared the [email protected] out of me. Thats great you haven't had anymore and that the m/s is still hanging around...... as much as you hate feeling sick its definitley reassuring.