Thread: Please Help!

Exclamation Please Help!

Hi,

I have been having some strange CM of late...its a colour I have never seen before! Its like an off light brown (if there is such a thing). Its only been a little bit here and a little bit there......but now that its been there more than 2 days I am starting to get a little worried.

I had a few mild jabs Tuesday night and yesterday - but they since went away. I am only 5 weeks and I know its not red or pink, but the strange colour has really got me stumped!

If someone can shed some light or have had a similiar thing please let me know!

i would be ringing your dr to get him/her to have a look and check you out just to be sure... Im having lots of cm driving me nuts feel like i have wet my pants on and off run to the toliet thinking im bleeding but no more cm..

If you are worried, I agree, it is probably good to have a chat to your doc.
    I had a similar thing at around 5 weeks: a couple of light brown smears - I thought I was having a m/c because I had mild cramping too. I don't know what it was, but everything was fine - possibly all due to the implantation process...? Maybe someone more medically inclined can be of more help! But my pg progressed without any difficulties. Hope yours continues to do so as well. xx

At 6wks with DD I had brown smears that turned into speckled bleeding (red to old blood colour) and it went for approx 3-4 days on and off. I was completely freaked out and a mess but all turned out fine in the end! My GP said it was due to implantation and all that jazz! But I agree with the others - don't hesitate to get checked out even if it is for simple peace of mind. Like I've said before, my medical staff (lol!!) got to know me reeeeeeeallly well first time around!! LOL!!!

Sometimes its normal to cramp a bit in early first trimester, I have both pregnancies and everytime its been due to my uterus stretching. I had some light bleeding this pregnancy as well as cramping & that was all they could put it down too. HTH! I agree with everyone else about getting it checked if you are concerned.

I had something like that with my second daughter - it started out brownish, and turned dark red for a day or so. Scared me to bits! Turns out it was related to DTD - cervix was swollen and sensitive, and got "bumped" a little and bled. Easy enough to fix. Hope yours turns out to be no big deal as well. Also, don't stress too much about the cramping, as long as it stays mild, and the spotting doesn't increase. It's pretty normal to have some mild cramping, as the PP have said.
    All the best!

Without being able to see the discharge it is dfficult for me to say butiIt could be a sign of infection. I think it's worth getting it checked out

Thanks everyone! I wondered if it could be an infection also. I am just going to monitor it over the weekend then see how it is by Monday. I am not really too concerned about it today (but that could change) as I don't have any cramps down there. My Mum thinks it could be just a bit of shedding....?

Thanks for all that replied! You have been a big help!

Flos xx