Thread: Please help - also coloured cm

Default Please help - also coloured cm

I'm 11w and this morning I have had a brownish creamy discharge (sorry if TMI) and a little yesterday. I am now panicking. I've had no pains or cramps whatsoever. Does anyone know what this could mean??

Did you DTD? Perhaps it's just from that. It's normal in pregnancy to have some of the capillaries on the cervix break and therefore bleed a little (hence brown colour). This esp happens after sex etc.....If there is no cramping and it's only brown (not bright red) and light, I don't think it's anything to worry about. However if you are worried, call your GP or OB or the midwives at the local hospital....

No, we haven't DTD. There has been nothing different.

kriminal Guest

Hi gurnz,
    Try not to worry (easier said than done). i have had a continous brownish/sometimes redish discharge/spotting for the last 3 and half weeks and so far my pregancy is progressing. I'm not feeling any pain either. However i would get it checked, for peace of mind if nothing else. Take Care xxx

Hi Gurnz - i also had brownish discharge at around 6 wks. Dr said as long as it's brown it's usually fine - brown blood is usually old blood left over or as already mentioned - ur body trying to have a break through period. If u r worried check with ur GP

goldilocks Guest

Gurnz, could it possibly be breakthrough bleeding? This happens around the time that AF would normally be due. It's probably nothing to worry about if it's brown in colour, probably just old blood.

I had a bit of bleeding after DTD a few times during my pregnancy. I didn't have a scan until almost 13 weeks, only to find out that I had a blighted ovum or the baby had died at 8-9 weeks. I wish I'd had it checked out earlier! In my case though, my symptoms had started to disappear so I had a feeling that something wasn't right.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but as the other ladies said, just go and have it checked out, even if it's just to put your mind at ease

Love
    Belle
    -xxxooo-

Hi Grunz
    Brown discharge is common in early pregnancy especially around the time that AF should arrive. If it only continues for a couple of days it is fine. If it continues then you should get it checked out

I agree with the others. I had the same thing at about 6 weeks and it lasted for about a week. I saw my ob as I was scared about it, and she did an u/s and said it was a blood clot in the lining of the uterus that was just coming away. Apparently this is very common and causes no harm whatsoever. My DS in now 17 months so I guess she was right! All the same, if you are worried see your ob/mw for peace of mind - it beats worrying!