Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: please no...

*TamaraP* Guest

Default please no...

I have finally reached my mark (we lost Shim at 5w3d) and am now finally at a little more ease.
    Just before I felt a really sharp cramp. Its gone now, but it was awful, felt like my period was coming. I am so scared of something bad happening.
    I don't have any bleeding (touch wood)... but was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Hi Tamara. Firstly, congrats on your pregnancy! Its pretty traumatic getting past those "milestones" isn't it? I know I've been the same throughout.I had horrible cramps for about 10 odd weeks - kept thinking I was miscarrying. I was told by my GP that cramps are normal, and not to worry about them so long as they're not accompanied by bleeding. Basically its just your uterus starting its looooooooong stretching making more room for that beautiful little bub growing inside you! I hope you can relax soon and start enjoying this pregnancy.

Hey Tamara, I fell pregnant and it was quite a suprise to say the least, but i was excited about it and knew straight away I was going to have the baby. The circumstances in which i fell pregnant wern't great, and about 8 weeks I was lying in bed and had the WORST cramps i'd ever felt. This went on for at least an hour and i was in excrutiating pain and lay there thinking I was going to lose the baby and was all because of how I fell pregnant and I was sure i was being punished or something.
    Anyway, I somehow managed to fall asleep and when I woke up they were gone.

Another week later I woke up and there was blood everywhere and I freaked out again and went to the docs and basically told her I'd had a miscarriage. I didn't know much about pregnancy and figured bleeding meant miscarriage. She cheked me and said 'You're 9 weeks pregnant' I was in shock!! Oh, and I hadn't even been to the doc until then to even confirm the pregnancy!

So yea, I had cramps and I had bleeding and I went on to have a healthy (???? morning sickness and vomiting and reflux and kindey infections and back pain healthy) pregnancy!

Tam,

Sweety im sure all is fine with your little one - I remember at the start of this pg (right until 13wks) I would get cramps and random sharp pains and id always worry, but now im over half way to meeting my little bub and all is fine. Its just all the stretching and moving going on in there getting ready to make a home for bub for the next 9 months.

Take care of yourself sweety,
    Lisa

Tamara, it' so hard not to worry, I know. I had LOTS of sharp pains, and cramps etc until about 14 weeks with this pg (nothing last time). Sometimes they were so bad I'd have to lie down. There's alot going on in there, so much growing and stretching, so I would say it's completely normal.

If it makes you feel better, put your feet up for the day and relax. Any excuse I say! Of course if you start to get really worried ring your Dr, or head up to the nearest A&E and get them to check you out. for you hun, stay positive.

Tam for the first 3 months of Indah & Zyon's pregnancies I could feel AF was about to arrive.....
    I'dget cramping & that pulling sensation in my abdomen... I am now on the home straight..

Try to relax (I know I can say it but never abide by it myself!)

Hugs hun... I hope you get to relax & maybe talk to a Dr, or someone & explain your fears!!!

Hell yeah Tamara, when I was pregnant with my first the way I found out was that I had crippling cramps so bad that I visited the doctor, often would make me vomit from the pain. I was doubled over in pain most of the time. My period was a week late, so he pg tested and it came back positive. I freaked out when I found out because I couldn't see how then that I could have that kind of pain but still have a baby in there that was okay, but he said it was normal stretching, some bodies react differently than others.

He's now a cheeky 8 year old

becmc Guest

When pregnant with ds I always had cramps around the time my period would have been due. I am pretty sure it went on for most of the pregnancy.

Tam Congratulations on your pregnancy! I too had really bad cramps at the beginning of my pregnancy. So bad, I found myself lying on the floor curled up in pain.

Yep I had cramps thought I was getting my periods, have also had bleeding and cramping with bleeding but bubs is still alive and kicking.

Just try to relax and if all else fails see your dr for peace of mind best of luck and congrats!

I had cramps the day after I told the family, at about 9w; I think our bodies just know when to scare us! I really hope and pray that this is just a worry and nothing worse.

OMG Tamara, I didn't realise you were pg!! Firstly congrats hun!! Secondly, I know it's hard not to worry about every little niggle etc, but try not to. I know I found it hard not to, but looking back obviously it didn't help me. I hope all goes really well for you

*TamaraP* Guest

Thankyou so much girls - I am glad I have you girls here to support me! - because if I didn't have this website I think I would be constantly at the ER.

Tamara,

I too had ongoing abdominal cramps (mild) when I found out I was pregnant. It felt like AF. Occassionally, I feel more intense pain at certain area (pelvis/right or left abdominal pain). When I was about 8 weeks pregnant, I had red spotting. This is my first pregnancy so I was pregnancy nervous when I felt every twinge in my body. Now, everything is okay. My bub's growing and of course the abdominal cramps are still here but just not present all the time. You will find out there's lots of changes in your body in order to allow a pregnancy to go on. I guess that's the joy of pregnancy! Don't worry about your cramps, they are perfectly normal. Of course, some women tend to be luckier than us as they experience no symptoms at all!

Congrats on your pregnancy & I wish you a healthy pregnancy!

Big big hugs Tamara... :hugs:

It is awful and scary that cramping feeling - but it truly is one of the more common complaints of early pregnancy. I have had it with ALL of my pregnancies! It is disconcerting and frightening. Keep coming in here and getting wrapped in support -it's the only way through the challenging journey of pregnancy after loss. This little one is going to stick because we are all hoping and praying for just that!

Tamara I had the exact same thing for the first few weeks of this prg and it scared the crapola out of me! It did settle down but I still get weird aches and pains which bring all of those fears to the surface.

I hope you're feeling better now

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh hun, you know you can always call me if you think that something is wrong. I've told you that, you can call me any time of the day or night I realy don't mind and it really won't be bothering me

Now you're 6 weeks 1 day, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

lj268 Guest

Yes Tamara, I too have cramp like pains during the beginning of my pregnancies, this was usually the first sign that I was pg! Usually got the severe pains (my dr told me they were ligament stretching pains) before AF was even due. I suffered 2 m/c's 2 years ago and now that I am pg again, every little twinge makes me rush to the loo to check for any spotting/bleeding! So far so good tho and I hope that early next year I will be holding my precious happy and healthy bub in my arms.
    All the best for ur pregnancy and hope that all goes well for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast