Thread: POAS anonymous

mysterygirl Guest

Default POAS anonymous

ehem - i would like to call into order the inaugural meeting of POAS anonymous. I would like o welcome you all here today and thank you for making the first step in helping yourself down the road to recovery. As chairman i will start and give you a bit of my story...

Hi....My name is mysterygirl and i am a POAS addict. Its been two days since my last POAS...My addiction started when we started TTC over a year ago and its gotten actually worse since i got a BFP last week....i have been finding that if i go for two days or so withount POAS then i get the shakes and start getting all emotional - i don't know what to do - i am having regular BT to check and help me stay away from the POAS but i just can't resist. But i have made it two days so far without POAS and i am hoping that i can hold out till thirsday when i have my next BT...

Am i normal or has anyone else done this - since my BFP (8days ago) i have POAS five times!!! and gone out and bought more....Is it a PAML thing or do other first time mums do this too? How do you girls cope with just a BT then wait for the 12 week scan...?

mysterygirl Guest

Oh and i forgot to mention i keep the evidence too - i have a wee collection in my drawer all dated...and the first one in my purse with me at all times....i cannot bring myself to throw them away....

I Have to confess. I still have a wee collection of HPTS Hiding in a drawer LOL

Lol, I had to laugh at this one!!

When we got our BFP I did a total of 32 POAS and 8 blood tests before I finally believed... Oh and 6 ultrasounds to this day!!

Man, I should not be admitting this.....

Come on girls, own up!

LOL - This is something I just cant relate to, but is so common for first time mums (and I hate to say but subsequent pregnancies too.....)

There is nothing wrong with it, I had the urge lots of times, but after that 12 week scan when you get to see the little jumping jelly bean, you wont need to do any more tests. I promise!

Fi

I POAS heaps when I was PG! And then not only did I scan them into the computer but I also kept the HPTs. Actually, I only got around to throwing them away last month... took me that long to convince myself that it was all real LOL! 1 year old used HPTs aren't very nice BTW PMSL!!

I bought a HPT last week and did it, and like you and most of the other girls in here i have them all collected in my drawer in the bathroom, i cant bring myself to throw any of them away, i still have one un used one in the cupboard and its killing me not using it, im sure it will be pee'd on any day now and added to the collection!!

tiggy Guest

Hi,
    Am very ashamed to admit that I am a POAS addict too.
    I even took photos.

Put it this way, I have a drawer full myself So yep btdt

*hugs*
    Cailin

I think i have 4 or 5 in my drawer and there is one in the car, gave one to mum and dad - i only took it there to show them but mum asked if she could keep it. She has one from when my sister was pg with her 1st.... he is now almost 8!!

I think its normal- its fun, its good to know in the early days that bubs is still there.

Ofcourse now i get kicks to tell me shes still there!

Oh yeah!
    I ran out of hpts as I had peed on a total of 7 (I only did my first last Tuesday so you do the math!).

So, then I moved on to the OPK's. Do you girls know about the opk phenomenon??? Yes, they work the same way. If you are pregnant you will usually (because they are not as sensitive) get a positive on an opk. I have run out of them too so that is the end of POAS for me for a while!

Love Deb

mysterygirl Guest

yay its not just me!!!! OMG i was so going to take them to dads to get them scanned so i could put them on the babys website for when i make it !!! my HPT from my first pg is all have have as hard evidence that it even happened so i have put it in a scrapbook page...

elly Guest

Hi girls,

What is POAS?

Thanks

kirsty Guest

Elly POAS stands for Peeing On A Stick ~ as in using a home pregnancy test.

elly Guest

Thanks Kirsty,

I'm suffering from that too atm, with opk's.

Elly