Thread: Possible food poisoning in early pregnancy

Default Possible food poisoning in early pregnancy

Just a quick one, I'm still not well...

Yesterday I thought I was starting to get a bit of morning sickness, but by 6pm last night I was vomiting - it lasted all night. I vomited at least every 15 minutes until 5am today. I have never been so sick in my life. Still have diarrheah today & feel disgusting. Just tried to eat some soup but couldn't manage much.

Anyway, found out that my niece who was with us (and many other family members) has the same thing, so it could be a bug, or food poisoning. I'm a bit scared that if it was food poisoning that the bub could have been affected. Does anyone know if it is dangerous to bub?

TIA - back to the lounge for me...

:hugs: Linda - it's not nice feeling sick.
    I'm not 100% sure on how food poisioning will affect the baby so early on but I dare say it would be dependent on the type of bacteria causing the poisioning if that makes sense. I would be making a trip to the doc to get something to settle your tummy and also to discuss it with them.

I hope you feel better soon.

Love MG

Linda, go to the chemist and get your hands on some charcoal tablets. Take 5 or so and then see a doc. HTH

Sorry but I wouldn't recomend taking charcoal tabs without professional advice - not in that qty. It may not be food poisoning. You could chat with the pharmacist but I would be suggesting a trip to a doc.

Oh Linda, we had the same thing happen to us a few Christmases ago and it isn't nice. We put ours down to a tummy bug as the kids got sick and they didn't eat the same thing we did at Christmas, hopefully yours is just a bug too.

Thanks for all the advice ladies. I am feeling much better today. Had a great sleep last night. So I guess now it seems pointless to go to the Dr....I'm the kind of person who only goes to the Dr if I'm dying, but while pg I am a lot more cautious. When I went to confirm this pg, I realised I hadn't seen my Dr since I was pg with Emma! LOL

Sherie - I think I will be like you & assume it was a bug. I have an U/S on Wednesday, so hopefully that will ease my mind a bit. I just don't think the Dr could really do much now that I'm better?

Thanks again for all of your help.