Thread: Possibly having twins!

NewMom06052007 Guest

Default Possibly having twins!

I went for my first ultrasound yesterday and there were 2 sacs!:eek:
    Only problem is - there was only one heartbeat. I am a first time mom-to-be and I'm only 6 - 7 weeks along. My doc said not to worry but how can I not?! Anyone have a similar experience?? Please help. I'm scared for my second little guy...

i am sure i have read that lots of girls in here have not had a heart beat on ultra sound at this gestation so try not to be alarmed just yet.when are you going for your next ultra sound.
    nikki

It is not unusual not to be able to see the heart until after 7 or 8 weeks

As Alan and Nicole said, don't worry as it you are fairly early. BUT, CONGRATULATIONS - twins, wow...how exciting!

motherduck Guest

congratulations I'm sure the other one is fine mabye just to early to see much.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. At this stage I really wouldn't worry, but I guess that is easy for me to say as I am not in your situation. When is your next ultrasound? Good Luck, keep us posted.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

congratulations Newmom yes I was in same situation at 5wks6days we only had one heartbeat but both our little guys were IVF so in theory the same age - we only had one heartbeat but at 7wks 2days there were two - now 15 weeks old.

Hang in there and I that all goes okay for your little twins.Sometimes if you have ovulated twice and hence concieve twins one can be a day or so older - so thats why there may only be one heartbeat seen at the moment.

Wow, congratulations Fingers crossed that in a few weeks you see two little hearts beating away in there.

Hi,

It is really early, and not to alarm you, but my girlfriend was telling me at 9 weeks she was pregnant over a coffee, and then we ended up in the hospital as she had a large discharge!

It turned out that she had 2 sacks, but only one took. She is now 22 weeks and doing fine. She has lost a baby before, where the ovum and sperm don't progress past the celular level, but because of the HCG hormones, you develop a sack etc anyway.

She's had normal pregnancies too.

It's quite common, and I wouldn't worry about it for now, but if you're upset about it, have another ultrasound in a couple of weeks.

I also know people who didn't know they were having twins until 18 weeks because they can be hidden by one twin and don't get picked up in the early ultrasounds, so you maybe in the this situation also.

Just need to keep testing in this case.

Hope I've helped and not made you feel worse!