Thread: Pregnancy with endometrioma

Default Pregnancy with endometrioma

Hey there,

I recently started a thread about the pain I was experiencing in early pregnancy. The doctor sent me for a scan to rule out an ectopic pregnancy.

He called me this afternoon and they found a large endometrioma (most likely) on one of my ovaries. The ovary itself was infact 14cm diameter. So it explains the pain and why I have felt so bloated. The gestational sac showed up but no baby showing at this stage, proper date is 5 weeks, 2 days, as opposed to 7 weeks which was dated on LMP.

My question is, has anyone else gone through a pregnancy with this experience?

I"m sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Hi Tara

Although my case isn't exactly the same....it is somewhat similar so I thought I'd share it with you....hope it helps put your mind at ease....

At my 6 week scan a large (11cm in diameter) ovarian cyst/tumor was found. I was thrown into complete panic until I had a chance to see my OB/GYN....

Although it has given me a bigger stomach and especailly lately a stich like pain on that side everything is going well for both me and my baby.

One other complication is because of this I need to have a c-section for a few reasons...to remove cyst/tumor at same time, because baby is breech (wont go near the left side), and the uterus has been pushed slightly out of place.

So good luck, and hope all goes well with you