Thread: Pregnant 2 weeks after a lap surgery

Wink Pregnant 2 weeks after a lap surgery

Hi ladies,

Little shocked today,..... Found out we are pregnant after 5 months trying, but here the wierd part... On the 12 July i had a lap done for endo.... 2 days after the surgery the fertile signs were there so my husband and I bd, and here I am at 3 weeks 4 days pregnant, so really shocked, thought we would be out this month..... Is it normal to find out so early, the lines are very clear..........

Wow I wouldnt think a test would show clearly so soon, which one did you use?

Congratulations !!! Are you sure you weren't pregnant before the surgery?

Congratulations on getting pregnant! I had a band in June 2008 and am 31 weeks with my 4th child!
    Have you told your banding doctor the good news? I had to have my band repositioned in December and was told to wait a month or so to let everything heal before trying to fall. We waited 6 weeks and fell straight away. I would definately talk to your surgeon as sometimes they can leave fluid in and if you get morning sickness after just getting banded you could end up getting a slipped band. Also you are supposed to be on fluids and mushies for a couple of weeks and this might not be good (or easy) if you are pregnant. I hope everything goes well and you have your baby in your arms in 8 months!

Kirsten

Congrats. I wonder if you were pregnant before hand too? But then, you'd think they'd have noticed if they had a cam searching around in there!
    Well done

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

wow that is sooo totally cool
    Congrats girls
    I am 7 weeks banded and really want to try now, we are gonna wait until I have lost another 10kilo's

yayay

Default Pregnant 2 weeks after a lap surgery

To everyone talking about lap band surgery, I think she's talking about a laparoscopy. IRS for endo, and a lot of people get utd shorty after it because it clears the tubes etc out

Congratulations

Aaaaahhhhh, saw lap surgery and automatically thought lap band! Sorry for that. Must have been a preggie moment.

Thanks ladies,
    sorry should have been clearer, it was for endometrosis....... They did do a test before i went in and it was negative so i am very excited but also confused as to how it happened...... Guess the surgery did the trick.. lol

Yeah, you have a higher chance of falling pregnant after a lap!

Congratulations!

Sue xxx