Forgot to say, I went public when I had a miscarriage. Waited around for hours and hours and hours and the quality of care was not good IMO - I realise that they had other priorities given that they couldn't do much because it was an early miscarriage. Then when I went back to assess whether I needed a D&C, I again had to wait around for hours, plus get changed in some cubicle, put on a gown with no back so my arse was hanging out and walk back to the consulting room carrying my cltohes and handbag. While strange men (not doctors) were wandering around the cubicles! I know this is not representative of public hospital care but that also put me off big time.
I agree homebirth is a terrific option but it's not for me. I want the security of knowing drugs are on hand.
Bookmarks