Thread: Progesterone levels in early pregnancy

Kirsty77 Guest

Default Progesterone levels in early pregnancy

Hi Girls

Am after some info on progesterone levels as I had a blood test done before I knew I was pregnant to test my progesterone while on clomid.I O'd late that cycle on day 17 and had the test done on day 22.My levels were at 32(I was only just pregnant, like maybe 2-3 days).Is this enough to sustain a pregnancy?I am really worried now as my sister's was 130 as at day 21.I'm scared that I might miscarry!

Please help...........

*Megan* Guest

Hi Kirsty

I was on clomid too (but i didn't get pregnant whilst taking it) - and there are a lot of girls around the forums that have been on clomid as well, as unfortunately I can't be much help! Fingers crossed that all is going well for you.....do keep us posted.

Megan

Hi Kirsty

Sorry, I can't help you either, but just wanted to wish you the best of luck!!

Seeya

Pietta Guest

Hi Kirsty- I seem to be following you around the forums!! hehehe

When i fell pregnant with Ryley I had VERY low progesterone. I was told by a nurse at the doctor surgery i go to that i was going to miscarry coz my progesterone was so low. Well obvioulsy i didnt as Ryley is beautiful and doing well- but as soon as my doc heard that he called me into his office and put me onto provera which is progesterone. I was on quite a high dosage as well as continuing metformin until i was between 10 and 12 weeks pregnant. Just so you know Provera can work and my little well big boy is living proof!

Ask your doc about Provera maybe? Good Luck!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Pee

Thanks for the reply, I feel much better.I have been trying to get in contact with my gyno but hes in surgery all day and when told of this a burst into tears!!!!!!!!But the receptionist assured me that he will call me back today!If you don't mind me asking what were your progesterone levels at if you remember?

Thanks
    p.s your baby is gorgeous!!!

Good luck, Kirsty! Did your doc end up calling you back?

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Angel

Yeh he finally rang back tonight and said that my preogesterone level is fine, and that anything above 20-90 is in a great range.I guess I'm just really nervous, and scared that I may lose it after all this trouble!He also said something weird, that positive blood types (I'm a a+ have a better chance).I've never heard this before!Maybe he was trying to reassure me.

Thanks for your help girls.............
    I feel much better now......... 8-[

Pietta Guest

Hi Kirsty- sorry i havent responded today been sooo busy!!

Good to hear that your doc thinks all is okay!
    I will have a dive through Ryley's pregnancy book and let you know what they were. I know I have them in there!!

until then please try to relax because a relaxed Mum is a better baby making machine than a stressed one!!

Pietta Guest

Oh and thanks for the compliment on Ryley!! I think he's pretty cute myself!! hehe

Glad to hear that your progesterone levels are fine, Kirsty! I think I've heard something about how if you have a negative blood type you need to have an injection of something at birth... or something like that. Not too sure on the details.

Take care.