Thread: Rash during pregnancy..

Default Rash during pregnancy..

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with a rash while pregnant. I have a pretty nasty one... very itchy. I went to a doctor yesterday and she told me there's basically nothing I can take that's safe. But she didn't really give me any other suggestions either The doctor today said it may even be caused by the pregnancy hormones and gave me some blood tests

I am a bit worried that it would be bad for the baby for me to be so itchy all the time. Has anyone got any safe remedies that might help me? I have been taking oatmeal baths which works for a while. The chemist said calmonie lotion is about the only safe thing, but it doesn't do a lot

Pintarsol works wonders. I had a rash called PUPPP or something like that(you wouldn't have that because you only get it from 36 weeks, so i have no idea what could be causing yours) i would wake up scratching it was so itchy, but i couldnt take anything but was told to use pintarsol in my bath. It was a life saver i tell you. You can get it from chemists, it isn't expensive.

A friend of mine has had a rash since early pregnancy and her doctor also indicated there wasn't much she could do expect try not to scratch, keep cool, use calomine and it would go away in its own sweet time as it was viral anyway so no cortisone or anything was going to work to actually get rid of it. i think I remember though that she might have got some mild cortisone for the bad times (not completely sure though) to releave the itch but not sure - this needs a prescription and I don't know whether it is ok in pregnancy really or not - you'd want to check.

Thanks guys.

The pharmacist looked up cortisone and said it was a definite no-no (which I assumed being as it's a hormone). I might have to try some of that pine stuff

It seems to be going down now, but I hope it doesn't come back! :evil:

With cortisone, my doctor told me it was ok to use dutring pregnancy :-k

Hi Girls

The reason that cortisone is often not recomended is because there has not been enough research on it's effects on the unborn baby. So to play safe most people will say not to use it.

Fee Guest

I hope your rash clears up soon … take care.