Thread: Really sore boobs.....any advice?

catherine Guest

Default Really sore boobs.....any advice?

My boobs are so sore that I just want to cut them off and leave them safely in a drawer. Is there anything that can ease the pain?

goldilocks Guest

Hi Catherine!

I seem to find my bb's aren't as sore if I wear clothes that fit tightly...they offer more support and help to hold them in place better. I guess the best thing you can do if buy a comfortable bra that fits really well.

I've been wearing a singlet with built-in support to bed every night and that's helped immensely...I find I don't wake up in the morning with them aching as much. Although mine are a 12D (and growing! :eek so I find that if I don't wear anything, I'll wake up in the morning with DH's elbow on them! LOL

Hope you get some relief very soon!

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

Catherine,
    I agree 100% with what Goldilocks said... the tighter the tops, the better... I bought a maternity bra when I was 10 weeks pregnant with Noah... and that seemed to help, I guess because there was no wire?
    The best thing I can tell you is, it usually gets better... Usually around 12-16 weeks. In the mean time... perhaps you could try cooling them off with cold face washers when you can.

hehehe, I heard that cold cabbage leaves help?
    I found that mine settled after a week or two......hope yours do before you cut them off and leave them in your drawer! You might regret it one day.......

I suggest a very supportive (they're usually ugly I know) bra. Also crop tops/sports bras worn to bed are great! The major rules are discard underwire and that the better support/ less movement the less they will hurt. They should stop growing soon and the pain will ease. goodluck hon!

sunshine Guest

Definitely the more support the better; including sports tops at night (you may also find that you need to continue doing this whilst breastfeeding, so as not to leak all over the bed - sorry if TMI!) so you'll get the wear out of them if buying them now.

I also thought I'd mention that if your BBs are growing very fast, consider moisturising heavily (I actually used bio oil on my BBs as well as tummy from early on in pg), as some women get stretchmarks on BBs...I didn't get any despite growing from a C to a G cup! (My sister, who gave me this advice, wasn't so lucky, and has big purple stretchmarks on the top and bottom of both BBs).

Oh thank you so much for posting this subject. I am 5 weeks gone and really should not be cruising this site until all clear due to past history but could not help myself . The sore BB's are just about doing me in- mine are DD normally so will need a wheelbarrow if they get much bigger.

Anymore tips on this subject would be greatfully recieved

Thanks xx

Default put my boobs in the draw too!

I am five weeks and my boobs are so sore that I dread rolling over in my sleep cause it will be so painful!

Can somebody tell me that this goes away at some point - or am I destined for another 35 weeks of bosom pain?

What I want to know (having been a flat chested girl all my life up until this point) is where the heck do you put your arms when you sleep on your side! LOL.

Don't worry girls, the soreness goes away (in my experience that is, and I have 3 DS, and a DD born at 30 weeks) Just sit tight, and it will get better.
    Definetaly wear a bra or crop top at night, and cool packs help

LOL Kar! I know exactly what you mean!

When I was pg with DD, I went from an A cup to a B (wow!) and they kept getting in the way - very annoying! I just used to push them aside...

This time around, I started off as a 10C (due to no more stress and finally getting up to the weight I'm supposed to be for my height!), and I'm bursting out of my bras, so for the first time in my entire life, I'll be in a D cup!!! DH is VERY happy about that, although he's got no chance of getting his hands on them at the moment, due to the pain!

Good luck getting them out of the way!

catherine Guest

Well, I am pleased to say that the pain has eased quite a bit in the last couple of weeks, but I definitely recommend wearing a crop top to bed as it helps a lot. Having said that, we went snorkelling last week and I felt like someone had each nipple in a vice and was just twisting slowly!

I can't stand having a nightie or shirt rubbing against my nipples if I dont have a bra on,,,,,mega sensitivity overload.

I have super sore boobs at the moment, and I'm only 5 and a bit weeks.
    I am finding that I ahev to wear a bra or it hurts too much, plus I have that problem with mega sensitivity so if its loose and rubbing, I just cant handle it. A tight-ish top helps too, like those singlets with the inbuilt support thingo.

I did the cabbage leaves after DD was born and they were a godsend! Just throw the cabbage in the fridge and pull the leaves off whenever you need them.

Nic