Thread: Safety of Cleaning Products

Default Safety of Cleaning Products

Just interested in whether any of you have changed (house) cleaning products since becoming pregnant? Are some safer than others?

Congratulations on your pregnancy
    I didnt change any of the cleaning products I used. I;m sure if it is dangerous to pregnant people it would say so on the bottle (i hope??)
    I just made sure if I was using them that the room was well ventilated because i found the smell of bleach based products really got to me alot more.

Hi Ezz - congratulations! I tend to use the Orange Power range for cleaning, and plain old Vinegar too. I let DH clean the shower, because i can't stand the strong cleaning products.

moocow Guest

i would avoid amonia unless it was a weak solution and the room was well ventilated. personally i avoid any cleaning products at the moment except vinegar lemon jiuce and bi carb. anything else brings on to much nausea for a start.

I use Enjo products, so minimal cleaning products but occassionally use bleach and disinfectant. Like the others said, make sure the room is well ventilated

I normally try and use earth friendly/low chemical cleaners anyway, so i haven't really changed.

I just make sure the bathroom is window is wide open when i use domestos etc to clean the toilet and i will be getting DH to do stuff like cleaning the shower, oven etc.

I'm an enjo user too, and ever since changing to enjo I can't stand the smell of cleaning products even when I'm not pregnant! LOL. Can't even stand the cleaning aisle in the supermarket! hehe

If there was any bleaching or anything to do, DH did it. I didnt' want to be around chemicals and things whilst pregnant. I'm not sure of 'official' dangers tho?

thanks everybody! I started reading "Spotless" at the beginning of this year & meant to get into the natural cleaning stuff (vinegar & bicarb etc) - but never quite got around to it. I guess now it the time... (when I can bring myself to get up from the chair... hehe)